Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orlando
    • Feb 2011

Honda Reflashing

I wanna learn how to reflash Honda , but i could not find the video on Drewtech. Does anybody know where i can find information on how to reflash Honda?
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

https://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/...b/AST41344.pdf

Look at TSB 01-023 as well.
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• orlando
      • Feb 2011

thank you so much Orevin. Big help i might be reflashing a Civic next week.

Comment

• Orevin
        • Aug 2010

Honda does not offer a short term subscription for calibration files. The annual subscription is $300. I hope you have enough Honda to reflash to make this an profitable investment.
        -Kai-
        Chicago, IL

Comment

• Dave B
          • May 2011

Orlando,

A couple of things to keep in mind if you are going to use the Honda J2534 Software:

- This software is written by Terradyne, who also write FMP & IDS. Putting the Honda software on the same computer as either one of those applications could cause complications. A different laptop or another partition is the best way to go when it comes to multiple applications from Terradyne.

- The Honda J2534 application does not give any security capability, and it does not allow you to initialize new modules, only update existing modules.

Have a good one,
          Dave B

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Excellent info Orevin. I will read it and learn it. Maybe one day a Honda will need flashing and now I have all the info I need. Thanks again. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dave B
              Orlando,

A couple of things to keep in mind if you are going to use the Honda J2534 Software:

- This software is written by Terradyne, who also write FMP & IDS. Putting the Honda software on the same computer as either one of those applications could cause complications. A different laptop or another partition is the best way to go when it comes to multiple applications from Terradyne.

- The Honda J2534 application does not give any security capability, and it does not allow you to initialize new modules, only update existing modules.

Have a good one,
              Dave B
              So which tool do we need to get all of the things you listed?
              Also, while I'm here, last week I had a 1999 Honda accord. We had to install a used PCM from the junkyard bc the old one was gone. After installing it, the car would not start and the green key icon would flash. This of course is bc on the anti-theft. After trying to add the key to the PCM with my Launch X431, it would not let me. Never asked me for a code/PIN or anything. At the end, we ended up calling our guy who does this for a living. With only a laptop and an OBD2 cable, he programmed the Anti-theft to accept the old key to the used PCM. My question is, what tool would he have used to program the Junkyard PCM to accept the old key? I tried every option on my Launch but kept getting no communication errors, so I thought the junkyard PCM was bad. This guy I called comes along and programs the Junkyard PCM to accept the key in 20 minutes. Any thoughts about which tool he used to program the anti-theft in this situation? I can add keys to the existing PCM with my Launch X431, but when I swap PCM's it asks for a programmed key. Even using the option "ECM/PCM replacement" option didn't work bc of the communication errors. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• Dave B
                • May 2011

Chavez,

The Factory tool, the MVCI, is required for control module initialization and security functions.

I am unfamiliar with which aftermarket tools will do key learns on Honda vehicles currently.

Dave B

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Thanks Dave B. So anyone might know which aftermarket tool or program can do Honda anti-theft as my previous post stated? Like I said, I swapped used PCM and couldn't program the key. Thanks to anyone who might help. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Try asking a locksmith, as they are granted permission to do such things, or check this out:

or this:

Last edited by sbreland73; 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM.
                    S. Breland

Comment

• orlando
                      • Feb 2011

[QUOTE=Dave B;32862]Orlando,

.................................................. .................................................. ....

thank you so much for this information , i think i am gonna stick with domestics reflashing, everytime i try foreinge cars its either too long or too expensive, and by the way these forums are Snap on best tool ever.

Thanks so much every body.

Comment

• king Barr
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                        Also, while I'm here, last week I had a 1999 Honda accord. We had to install a used PCM from the junkyard bc the old one was gone. After installing it, the car would not start and the green key icon would flash. This of course is bc on the anti-theft. After trying to add the key to the PCM with my Launch X431, it would not let me. Never asked me for a code/PIN or anything. At the end, we ended up calling our guy who does this for a living. With only a laptop and an OBD2 cable, he programmed the Anti-theft to accept the old key to the used PCM. My question is, what tool would he have used to program the Junkyard PCM to accept the old key? I tried every option on my Launch but kept getting no communication errors, so I thought the junkyard PCM was bad. This guy I called comes along and programs the Junkyard PCM to accept the key in 20 minutes. Any thoughts about which tool he used to program the anti-theft in this situation? I can add keys to the existing PCM with my Launch X431, but when I swap PCM's it asks for a programmed key. Even using the option "ECM/PCM replacement" option didn't work bc of the communication errors. Regards, Chavez.
                        I have the verus pro which I like a lot fir what it can do. When I run into situations like the above, I will use the Autel 708. I have the tech stream and hds, but its a lit easier to do with the ds708. Honda is generally plus and play as far as ecu replacement goes.

I do a TON of body shop work and when I replace Honda PCM,ecu,ect, I only have to preform the immob relearn and maybe key programming.

The reason it didn't work on your launch is because you don't have to use ECM replacement, just immob relearn.

I'm not sure why verus doesn't have it, maybe legal issues?

Comment

• king Barr
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                          I have the verus pro which I like a lot for what it can do. When I run into situations like the above, I will use the Autel 708. I have the tech stream and hds, but its a lot easier to do with the ds708. Honda is generally plug and play as far as ecu replacement goes.

I do a TON of body shop work and when I replace Honda PCM,ecu,ect, I only have to preform the immob relearn and maybe key programming.

The reason it didn't work on your launch is because you don't have to use ECM replacement, just immob relearn.

I'm not sure why verus doesn't have it, maybe legal issues?

Comment

• snap-on men
                            • Feb 2012

hi l never have to do flash on honda because l just reprogram the key and work l used t-code 4 this

Comment

• Trindaddy
                              • Jan 2010

I would like to revive this post please. So...as far as which tools are KNOWN to reprogram new Honda keys, the O.E tool, Autel, and this "T-code" device will work? I have an Odyssey with a bad lock cylinder and the key will go in (hard) and not turn. Anyone else been faced with this? I am being told by everyone to send to the dealer. None of the locksmiths near me will recode this style (laser cut) key. Is this my only choice? Thanks fellas.

Neil

Comment

Working...