Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheWrench
    • Aug 2017

Need help with system files

So my dumbass thought i was getting a good deal on a snap on solus ultra scanner off ebay. Upon arrival of the scanner i went to hook it up to my personal car and realized the sd card with the system files was gone. Again the entire sd card that holds all of the system files is missing and was not included with the scanner. Is there any possible way to download the basic system files without the updates?? I know you pay for the software mainly when purchasing a scanner but just wondering if i can download the initial files or if someone would possibly be able to copy them for me? As i said i dont care about the updates as of right now, just want to be able to use the scanner and not have an expensive paper weight on my table. Ty in advance and any advice is greatly appreciated!!
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by TheWrench
    So my dumbass thought i was getting a good deal on a snap on solus ultra scanner off ebay. Upon arrival of the scanner i went to hook it up to my personal car and realized the sd card with the system files was gone. Again the entire sd card that holds all of the system files is missing and was not included with the scanner. Is there any possible way to download the basic system files without the updates?? I know you pay for the software mainly when purchasing a scanner but just wondering if i can download the initial files or if someone would possibly be able to copy them for me? As i said i dont care about the updates as of right now, just want to be able to use the scanner and not have an expensive paper weight on my table. Ty in advance and any advice is greatly appreciated!!
    Sadly the only way would be to contact seller and tell him you want what is part of the sale.
    The sd card is intrinsically linked to the scanner and will not work in any other unit, either that or go through the PayPal or eBay complaints system and get your money back by telling them the seller scammed you.
    They will sort this before you send it back, but do it NOW.

Comment

• TheWrench
      • Aug 2017

Awesome. Thank you very much because i definitely would have continued looking or asking for the download or other ways around it

Comment

• ibmman
        • Oct 2013

Contact customer support. You might be able to put,another 4gb card into the unit and let them connect to reload the original update. They did that for me one time. Sadly for me there was a problem with the motherboard and I had to send it in anyway. You can also send it in for a software reload for around $200 I think. Anyway contact customer support as they've always been very helpful for me

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I'm kinda with Kirkbarrow Garage on contacting the seller immediately about the missing SD card and arranging a return for a refund , however you could tell him you will first try to get somewhere with Snap on Support to see if he could try a SD card and get instruction on how to do a device recovery and restore the old software it once had.I think Snappy should be doing what ever it can to accommodate folk trying to restore their old software. If the scanner works fine for awhile with the old software restored , they'll be way more likely to drop $900 on a new Snap On update knowing their Scanner still works fine with the old software before doing so. They need to understand and slow the bleed, and have to remember folk can just go out and buy a Brand New Chinese Maxi Dasch for the cost of a Snap On Update, and if the old Snappy Scanner still glitches out after you drop $900 to update and don't work , it's tough Sh@t Buddy, and then you have to send it out for repair and then you are into an older snap on model scanner for the cost of a new Maxi Cyst.
          Last edited by Witsend; 08-27-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...