Data Pids expressed to 8 decimal places?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Data Pids expressed to 8 decimal places?

I was working on a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins diesel and noted a lot of the data parameters were being displayed with upwards of 8 decimal places. the problem with this is it takes up valuable real estate when viewing graphs. As far as i know there is no way to customize this. Working with a Verus Edge and 17.4 software. I also noted the MAF reading was displayed in Kilograms/minute instead of Grams/second. Additionally there are no tests for the MAF sensor in the guided component tests for 2011-13 Ram.
    Attached Files
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by phill57
    I was working on a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins diesel and noted a lot of the data parameters were being displayed with upwards of 8 decimal places.Working with a Verus Edge and 17.4 software.
    Were the PIDs displayed with that many decimal points when the data was displayed live from the vehicle?
    or just when reviewed with the SSC viewer?

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

pid display

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
      Were the PIDs displayed with that many decimal points when the data was displayed live from the vehicle?
      or just when reviewed with the SSC viewer?
      Yes they were Rich. Not a real big deal just eats up some screen space especially graphing data. Seems to me that I've seen that on other Dodges but not this bad.

Comment

• Cavalier3400z
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by phill57
        I was working on a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins diesel and noted a lot of the data parameters were being displayed with upwards of 8 decimal places. the problem with this is it takes up valuable real estate when viewing graphs. As far as i know there is no way to customize this. Working with a Verus Edge and 17.4 software. I also noted the MAF reading was displayed in Kilograms/minute instead of Grams/second. Additionally there are no tests for the MAF sensor in the guided component tests for 2011-13 Ram.
        I've noticed quite a few cars are now KG/s instead of G/s. It is really annoying because I have to convert it. Same has gone for the map sensors reading Kpa instead of inHG. It is getting really annoying.

Comment

• BRIAN617
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Cavalier3400z
          I've noticed quite a few cars are now KG/s instead of G/s. It is really annoying because I have to convert it. Same has gone for the map sensors reading Kpa instead of inHG. It is getting really annoying.

You can change units of measure in your scanner settings.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

You can change units of measure in your scanner settings.
            My guess is there is just so much automotive scanner software for the Snappy crew to sift through all the BS and tailor MAF readings to g/sec now a days that you should just be thankful you got Kg/sec instead of Lbs./min like the Chinaman scanner displays in standard unit selection.LMAO

Comment

Working...