Loss of Bluetooth when trying to access freeze frame data.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Loss of Bluetooth when trying to access freeze frame data.

Working on a 2008 GMC 2500 HD 6.6 for a transmission problem. Has multiple transmission fault codes related to stuck shift solenoids. VIN is 1GTHK23618F126871. Using a verus edge with 17.4.1. Tried to access freeze frame data in the transmission controller and after a second or two I lose the bluetooth connection to the wireless module every time. I then have to restart the software and Cycle the power to the wireless to reconnect. Can view engine freeze frame data, Trans data, codes just not transmission freeze frame data. Network scan works fine. Restarted the unit twice and tried the FF at least 5 times and every time I loose the bluetooth at the same point. Anybody else? I'll call Tech Support in the morning and report it.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If you still have your Solus Pro that has a cabled connection, did you try to retrieve the trans freeze frame data, and was that attempt successful ?

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

Maybe try to use usb cable and attach wireless module through usb connection to see if that works.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Do you think there's any chance that the reason it messes up is because the Trans Controller doesn't store Freeze Frames?
        The error might be that the Freeze Frame Menu exists, and there's no Freeze Frame Data to retrieve.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Trans data freeze frame

Spoke with tech support this morning and we updated firmware in the wireless module but still no go. Loses bluetooth connection when you attempt to access transmission freeze frame data. You then must reboot the wireless module and restart the verus software. All other functions of the communication seem normal. You cannot connect the wireless via USB as that's just used to initially pair it and update it. I'm going to try a different scanner or two later if I can get one. I tried to ID it as an 09 but didn't help.

Comment

• diesel71
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
            Do you think there's any chance that the reason it messes up is because the Trans Controller doesn't store Freeze Frames?
            The error might be that the Freeze Frame Menu exists, and there's no Freeze Frame Data to retrieve.

Joe
            I believe joe may be right, I have had this happen before. the next 2008 I see ill check it.

Comment

• jm43130
              • Apr 2008

I have a Verus Edge, and you can connect scan module with a usb cable, it turns icon green in lower right tray, instead of blue when it is connected via Bluetooth.

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

Loss of Bluetooth during Transmission FF retrieval.

Well got ahold of my old Verus Pro running 17.2 software and it works perfectly. Pulled freeze frame/failure records from the transmission controller with no problem. Called back into tech support and gave them this information. The technician I spoke to said he was going to escalate the issue. I will link to a video that I made showing the issue as soon as it uploads. It also appears that you cannot use the USB cable and the S4 module as someone suggested or at least that is what the first support tech suggested this morning. I tried connecting the wireless S3 module to the Verus Pro too and the icon did not turn green indicating it was USB connected. Maybe that changed with an earlier update too. There also appears to be at least two versions of the wireless adapter. Earlier model was EESM300 and called S3 and the newer one appears to be EESM302A and now S4. Not sure what changed as they physically look the same. On another note I sure prefer the larger font on the older Verus Pro. It was really nice to see the text better. Hopefully this will get addressed soon as well.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKqO_cc9zs

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

That's a good find. Thanks for reporting it, and getting back to Tech Support. That should be an easy fix.
                  Joe
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• jm43130
                    • Apr 2008

I hooked my S4 up yesterday with usb cable, worked fine. I also have Verus Edge, but I'm only running 17.2, worked okay. I use Usb cable when DLC has lost power supply and Scan module doesn't power up. Quicker than trying to find blown fuse and problem with DLC.

Comment

Working...