Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Verus Edge Monitor

I recently upgraded to the Edge from the Pro and didn't purchase the workstation. Does anyone know which monitor will work with this to get the touch screen capabilities on the monitor. (like the workstation has). I have the docking station on order already.

Thanks
  • chopperb
    • Aug 2013

Workstation has acer monitor. I dont know the model number off hand.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

External Monitor

Purchased a 32" flat screen TV and hooked up to hdmi on the docking station, works great so far.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I have the Verdict workstation, upgraded to a Verus. The Acer monitor it came with is not touchscreen but I don't mind.

I did come across a 22" 1080P touchscreen on Ebay for cheap. It's nice but when mated to either scanner the touch area is off and has to be calibrated to that screen and not the scanner screen. Annoying. I did get it to calibrate to both once but forgot what I had to do. Not sure if it will fit in the Verdict workstation lid but the plan is to swap it in place of the Acer and see what happens. If I ever get the time. It's serving as my home shop monitor at the moment.
        Not sure if it will help you at all but the touchscreen I have is a "Touch Revolution K21A-0101-A0"

Comment

• Turbo1dr
          • May 2017

I made a offer on eBay for a 46" NEC Professional Touch Screen Monitor and got it for $360 with free shipping. I know...kinda overkill but I can see it from a good distance from the car.

It's good you are now working with Windows 7 instead of Windows XP. Before I wiped Windows XP off of my old VERUS I couldn't get the big screen to stay calibrated whenever I used it. Once I installed Windows 7, both the VERUS's screen and the external monitor's touch screen will stay calibrated when you disconnect from it. Best thing I done was to get rid of Windows XP.

For those wondering how to install Windows 7 on your older VERUS I've made a How To video ---> https://youtu.be/6rzdzN8GW4g
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Turbo1dr; 01-04-2018, 02:31 PM.
          VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I made a offer on eBay for a 46" NEC Professional Touch Screen Monitor and got it for $360 with free shipping. I know...kinda overkill but I can see it from a good distance from the car.

It's good you are now working with Windows 7 instead of Windows XP. Before I wiped Windows XP off of my old VERUS I couldn't get the big screen to stay calibrated whenever I used it. Once I installed Windows 7, both the VERUS's screen and the external monitor's touch screen will stay calibrated when you disconnect from it. Best thing I done was to get rid of Windows XP.

For those wondering how to install Windows 7 on your older VERUS I've made a How To video ---> https://youtu.be/6rzdzN8GW4g
            Awesome monitor , but really kind of a high probability in a busy shop that a big screen TV or monitor screen will be broken by a flying piece of debris from something sooner or later. Very cool and how technically adept you are at getting the old Verus diagnostic suite to work fine running Windows 7. A lot of work. Guessing the Car software probably couldn't be updated on the SSD running Windows 7

Comment

• Turbo1dr
              • May 2017

Those professional touch screen monitors have a 1/4" Lexan sheet covering the face of the monitor to protect it from people that want to poke it with ink pens, hit it with fists or splashing their favorite soda on it. I'm sure if something/someone deliberately hits it hard enough that it would cave in.

I'm in the process of making a How To video of installing Windows 10 on the scan tool. However, I prefer Windows 7 as it seems to run a little faster. Diagnostic suite works just as well using both operating systems though.
              VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

My touchscreen was a slightly used pull from a commercial booth meant for public use. A sales display for cell phones or something. Thus the screen was made to take it. Plus my setup is the "Verdict" cart style where the screen is mounted inside the cart lid so when it's shut it's just a tool cart. Versus the newer way of hard mounting the display on top like a billboard.

I'm not so worried about damage anyway. My laptop stays open and within a few feet of me all the time. In about eight years the only issue was a flying 1/2" socket that removed a few keys from the keyboard as it skipped across. The scan cart doesn't hang out near action like that or need to.

Comment

Working...