SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dodge90
    • Oct 2014

HAD 1 TO MANY BEERS before the snappy guy talked you into "trading up" as my guy says it,LOL
    Crusty, sorry it sits on a E450 chassie.total weight 14,900lbs 9,500lbs rear axle weight. had a great time relaxing but that came to an end. Came to work to find 4 dead tow ins. 3 fuel pumps, 1 elect.problem. ans 2 oters with the money lite on. Go figure. Asked co-worker why he didnt check them since 2 were towed in fri. Answer. They dont pay me enough. Realy????
    I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by dodge90
      HAD 1 TO MANY BEERS before the snappy guy talked you into "trading up" as my guy says it,LOL
      Crusty, sorry it sits on a E450 chassie.total weight 14,900lbs 9,500lbs rear axle weight. had a great time relaxing but that came to an end. Came to work to find 4 dead tow ins. 3 fuel pumps, 1 elect.problem. ans 2 oters with the money lite on. Go figure. Asked co-worker why he didnt check them since 2 were towed in fri. Answer. They dont pay me enough. Realy????
      OK, now it makes sense why you're having trouble with the tires you have been using.
      An E350 would be a one ton truck. Yours is an E450. The tire ratings such as C, D, or E, have an LT in front so that designates Light Truck. You'll have to go up to a heavier carcass than LT-C, LT-D or LT-E.
      Look at the "fine print" on the sidewalls where it shows the maximum load at xxxx PSI. You've been overloading those previous tires, and the ones you have on there now I suspect.

Don't complain-!! If they want to keep feeding you, take 'em all one at a time....LOL
      The impossible I can do right away, miracles just take a little longer....

Comment

• Crossland Auto
        • Jul 2014

I have to agree with Crusty with the weight ratings on the tires. That is their liability. They can call it anything they want, 8 ply, 10 ply, 12 ply. The tires are only capable of handling the weight that is on the side wall.

Now, as far as the 1 beer......

I have had a Modis for ever. I have been talking to my Snap On driver for about 5 years about upgrading. Greasy is the main reason why I wanted to upgrade. The money amount has always kept me from it.

I tried the China route. After 3K spent. Was disappointed, was told that every update would get better. After 1 year free, and $600.00 for the second year of updates. Will not use it. Launch has it's purpose, not for serious diagnostics. I was ready to buy an Autel unit with the Pass through. (Hey, what's another 4k....) Still a bunch cheaper than the basic Verus Pro without European Software.

Just by chance yesterday, my Snap On guy called and told me that there were a couple higher ups selling used demo carts (for trade shows, etc.) He asked if I wanted them to stop by. I said "Sure why not."

They sold it to me within 20 minutes. Yes used cart, monitor. Keyboard, mouse still in un opened package. Brand new Verus pro, Euro free. Next update is free. They made an offer that I could not pass up. Quite a bit less than I could have bought the basic Verus alone on the truck. I purchased at about 2:00 p.m. so no beer was involved at the time. Took a while for him to show up and activate it.

That was my 1st beer while asking myself what just happened..... Hey, maybe I can actually apply some of Greasy's videos to some of my diagnostics. I know for a fact that Modis would not work for a bunch of his videos. "I want to be like Greasy!!" Just gotta learn how to use it.

X

Comment

• Crossland Auto
          • Jul 2014

By the way, Cruisin, and Greasy; what do you guys use for browsers? I was kind of surprised to see that it uses XP with I.E.8. Took me a while to set up Sure Track, and Pro Demand. (Have to admit, I tried the O.D.5 link a few times.) What works for you guys?

X

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

I still have the original Verus and never connect to the internet. I have the software subscription but just get the bi-annual updates from the flash drive. The main thing is to keep the Verus from getting knocked around and keep the accessories organized, a diagnostic cart is a good idea. Did they give you an amp probe ? You work on motor homes, I work on a lot of non automotive stuff too, the amp probes (high and low) double the abilities of the scope.
            Last edited by greasybob; 08-05-2015, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
              • Jul 2014

What ever browser it came with is what it is using, only use the internet for updates and wireless printing. Have a laptop for Prodemand and other online activities. Like to keep it like the old days, scanner is just a scanner and lab scope and multi-meter come out as needed. Verus does it all but I must be stuck in my ways.

Comment

• dodge90
                • Oct 2014

well, c u learn something new everyday. I did look at the side wall before he left and was stunned to see 4 ply side wall 6 ply thread never realy paid att. to that. when we figured out the rating I'm only 7 gs total, well below the 9,500 weight. I just never had a problem before and figured 10 ply e rateing was good to go. oops, hopefully he'll get some wear out of them before another one blows, lol. Crossland, same happend to us. made us a deal trading modis for verius pro, passthrough and batt. maintainer/charger that was to good to pass up. Sometimes that just happends and wonder how and why later.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Some one"s got to buy those things to deplete inventory before the next overpriced, over hyped Albatross gets released and I then I go to Bottom Feeder Noodler Mode eventually replacing my awesome ancient $500 Counselor 2 with a less ancient Verus Pro for a grand or so.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Upon further review... wasn't quite happy with the Deere. A little rough at idle and the smoke never totally went away, and smelled like diesel. Bad injector ? A relative compression test never lies and is quick and easy.
                    If test proper you do.... find the problem you will.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• STURNER
                      • Oct 2014

Looks like someone got happy with the starting fluid?

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

It got tipped over and hydro-locked. No safety to shut it off I guess or they tried to restart it before clearing it out.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

My help that was supposed to do the easy stuff didn't last very long, an AC job kicked him on Tuesday and he ain't been back. I could have bailed him on it but I thought "let him think it through". I guess that didn't work. People always think that you have an answer book for the tough things, and that you know what the problem is without investigating first. I got no answer book and no cheat sheet except for TIPs on Mitchell. It's just a lot of tools and a lot of thinking. If you don't want to invest in those two then this is not the job for you.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
                            • Jul 2014

I agree and disagree Greasy, so hard to find techs that are good and even harder to find ones you can train. Let them sweat for a awhile then give them some direction, unless that has been proved a waste of time. Feel sorry for the drivers of the future, even dealers can't find people to fix their cars on the road. A/C is gravy in my books, until you factor dual system and impossible to replace rear lines that rot after 10 years here in Canada. Yet to see a good A/C line repair kit for corroded lines.

Comment

• dodge90
                              • Oct 2014

I don't now about you guys but here in my part of pa it seems to be all about the $ Had a hard time finding a teck that was ok, nothing like dianostic work that wanted to work for what they were worth and not what they thought. Had a guy apply, he only knew the basic things, and wanted top dollar to start. Had another guy apply that supposed to be a A teck and said he wouldnt work for less than 30 a hr. Guess thats why he's unemployed. BTW labor rate average around here is 75 hr, yours may be more.Tecks are hard to find, keeping a good teck when you find them is harder when its $ that motovates them. Not fixing cars. I know plenty like that, few like me.

Comment

• dodge90
                                • Oct 2014

Good deed for the day. Family stopped in from up north complaing that the tranz is acting up and $ lite on. Road test found no problems and lite was p0304.
                                Further question and answer found 2010 caravan acted up last night on our steep long hills but on less or flat grades ran fine. The bucking they felt was the miss not tranz related. After explaining what I thought may be going on with either a plug or coil but not knowing 100% since it wasn't acting up and the labor to get at thoughs suckers (Thanks chry for changing that) they decided to drive it home and let it cool when it acted up. Sent them on thier way with a "have a safe trip home". Was very supprized when a hand shake was all the payment needed.

Comment

Working...