Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I've been playing with these addressable L.E.D. light strips. Pretty cool. Each LED has a red, green ,blue LED and it's own chip so each led is controlled individually. Just three wires for the strip, 5V, ground and a communication wire. I control it with an Arduino which can be programmed from a laptop. You can make all kinds of cascading patterns. It uses a NRZ communication which is incredibly fast as seen in the scope shots. I even hacked one of my Snap ON 5volt USB chargers for a power supply.
    02-09-2018 08:48 PM
    Very Cool Bob, But will you have all the vehicle's running boards completed for The St Patricia Coming Out Party?

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

It's a cool trick. Copper isn't magnetic right ? Get a length of copper tubing, 1/2 inch by a couple feet long then get a neodymium magnet that's slightly less than a 1/2 inch diameter. Drop the magnet through the tubing and it'll take about 3Xs longer to go through the tubing than if you just drop it. Some thing called Lenz law because the copper is conductive the magnet builds up a charge that is the same as the polarity of the bottom of the magnet making it resist the fall through the tube. So, if there is charge you should be able to measure it ? So I wrapped some electric motor winding wire around the tube and hooked it up to my scope. Yep, you can see a bit of a sine wave as the magnet passes by the winding. Cool, next I'm going to invent the electric motor or generator ha, ha.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...