Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan918
    • Jan 2011

Modis European update

I wanted to know if when you update and or unlock the european coverage in my modis, is it done with the same cf card or are there different cards for each? Also from what Ive read, once you unlock the european it will be to the current software version I have which is 9.4. If I install an older cf card will it work, as long and its never been installed on another scanner?
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ryan918
    I wanted to know if when you update and or unlock the european coverage in my modis, is it done with the same cf card or are there different cards for each? Also from what Ive read, once you unlock the european it will be to the current software version I have which is 9.4. If I install an older cf card will it work, as long and its never been installed on another scanner?
    Hi Ryan
    There is a separate CF card to activate the European software on your Modis and it will activate the Euro software to the current bundle you are using. Each time you update your Modis you will need to activate the Euro software.
    If you revert back to an older bundle you can activate the software for that bundle.

Comment

• Ryan918
      • Jan 2011

Thanks for the reply Jay. So if I use an older update, say year 02 or 04 it will unlock it to only that year or to my current 9.4. Also is there a way to tell if the older update has ever been used and if so, will it still unlock my modis?

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Thanks for the reply Jay. So if I use an older update, say year 02 or 04 it will unlock it to only that year or to my current 9.4. Also is there a way to tell if the older update has ever been used and if so, will it still unlock my modis?
        Ryan,
        You need to remember that whenever a CF card is used a security code is writen to the card and it can only be used for the scan tool so if you have saved your previous build for your Modis then you will be able switch between builds. If you go back to an 8.4 and activate the Euro you will only get what was release in 8.4 and so on. As long as you are using CF cards that have been loaded on to your Modis you will be fine or if you have a card that has never been used it will also work.

Jay

Comment

• Because
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Jay G.
          Ryan,
          You need to remember that whenever a CF card is used a security code is writen to the card and it can only be used for the scan tool so if you have saved your previous build for your Modis then you will be able switch between builds. <SNIP>

Jay
          I'm curious about this statement. Does this mean that I can save my current 10.2, update to 11.X later this year, then roll my Modis back to 10.2 if I need a specific feature of that version? Then switch back to version 11.X?

Comment

• Nickb
            DSD
            • Aug 2007

No you cannot go back and forth on updates.
            DSD

Comment

• Because
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Nickb
              No you cannot go back and forth on updates.
              Thanks for your reply. So now I'm wondering what is meant by saving 'builds'?

Comment

• julyavto
                • Nov 2012

modis eu cars

Hi i'm from Bulgaria and i wanted to ask about my modis euro cars,on my snap on they are listed but not available.I red about the up date on this forum, so i need to buy this cf card for the update?where i can find it

Comment

• tomtec
                  • Jun 2013

function test

Ryan can you see if you show the r.p.m. control on your modis 9.4 its a 98 ford pu 5.4 auto with a/c thanks in advance tom

Comment

• tomtec
                    • Jun 2013

european up date

I installed euro like 5 years ago and since I did I never had to reuse it again. every update I did after that the euro was updated by the new bundle. Tom

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                      Snap-on DSD
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by tomtec
                      I installed euro like 5 years ago and since I did I never had to reuse it again. every update I did after that the euro was updated by the new bundle. Tom
                      That is because you followed the instructions for updating. When you don't, it will not save your previous settings, including optional software.
                      Joe
                      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                      Henry Ford

Comment

• tomtec
                        • Jun 2013

modis european updates

If I Don't Do It Right Than The Only Person To Blame Is Myself!!!

Comment

Working...