Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

shop stream crashed my new Ulra

I was attempting to use shop stream today with my Ultra plugged into USB I got a promt that an update was available asking if I wanted to update I assumed it was safe to do boy was I wrong. It went through and said update was complete so I unplugged USB cable the scanner said it was installing the update went part way through the instalation and then said update failed and started this anoying beep. I now have a crashed Ultra that I have owned for 4 days. What P.O.S. Called tech support and they basicly told me Im screwed and to get a hold of my rep and he has to fix it. I dont remember the words they used but he has to go through a process to revalidate it or something like that. So far I am not impressed with this tool I am glad I kept my old trusty worn out Solus with its slower speed and keys all this speed of the new tool is no good if it wont turn on.
    Has any one else ran into this?
    • Oct 2007

Here is what is on the dead screen of my 4 day old Ultra
    GEP update V 3.1
    Flash MX29
    USD:done
    Checking software BOM: error code 02411
    Bom validation failed.

Comment

• CrazyFreak
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ephratah service center
      Here is what is on the dead screen of my 4 day old Ultra
      GEP update V 3.1
      Flash MX29
      USD:done
      Checking software BOM: error code 02411
      Bom validation failed.

I can't exactly remember the procedure but this is from memory.

Turn off unit. (if you can't hold on to power for a few seconds) Press yes and now together and tap on the power button. When booted up there should be a list of things you can do. One of the is connect to pc. Use this and do the update again. It worked for me. That is what tech support told me to do. Weird that tech support told you your screwed.

Comment

• Oct 2007

Tech support did not say I was screwed but they might as well of said it because they offered no assistance just asked me few questions they did not even have me turn it on or attempt to do anything just kind of blew me off.

Comment

• Oct 2007

I can get it to boot by holding down the Y and N button and turning it on then access the utilities that way. If I do load GXP 2011 the scanner will turn on and function.It just pisses me off that I spent a lot of $ on this and I have only had this thing a few days and I am having problems with it already.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Mini SD card corrupted?

I think your mini SD card is corrupted, I had this happen once. My Mini SD was not pushed all the way in, I found. If that is the case, the fix is easy, but may require another Mini SD card if this one is corrupted. Either way it is probably not the main tool that is the problem.

These Mini SD cards are mass produced and there is no way the manufacturer tests them all. I have had SD cards fail during digital photo uploads and lost hundreds of good photos.

You could try to put the Mini SD card in a reader and try to update it again with SSC. Just an idea.

I would not not get nervous. This tool has been a fairly stable platform.

In the end, you will be prone to using the Ultra over the SP. My techs always reach for the Ultra because of it's speed, no keys and touch screen. I never get to use it anymore! They say it has no problems, really.

Your dealer should take care of you, I doubt you need to send it in, he may be able to reformat your Mini SD card right on his truck.

Good Luck, and get ready, we are sending snow your way!!

Bob

Comment

• CrazyFreak
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ephratah service center
              I can get it to boot by holding down the Y and N button and turning it on then access the utilities that way. If I do load GXP 2011 the scanner will turn on and function.It just pisses me off that I spent a lot of $ on this and I have only had this thing a few days and I am having problems with it already.
              You need to go into pc link and update it again from the computer. That should fix it.

Comment

• Oct 2007

I attempted to update with scanner using SSC this morning and it tells me there is no update available.

Comment

Working...