Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

Software Registration Message

Anyone else have a new Ultra that displays "software registration is required. You must register software by following Quick Start Guide. Message will display for 30 seconds every time unit is turned on" Mine did, and would not display new vehicle options and said do not attach to a vehicle. It happened exactly 90 days after I bought it. I called tech support, they said a few had done this and there is no repair for it at this time. They are overnighting me a new Ultra. Just when we thought they had hit a home run with this unit. Well , here we go again. It's 2-23-2012, 23 days since SO exchanged Ultra and again when I turned on this morning, I got same "software registration" message and unit is in demo mode and you can't select another vehicle or use unit. I can't believe no one else has commented on this post or has had same problem. I used it 2 days ago and it worked okay. Guess I'll call SO tech when they open on west coast. Well SO does have patch for corrupted license files now. Took 10 minutes with tech, hooked to my PC and internet to install patch. Up and running again.
    Last edited by jm43130; 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM.
Working...