X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

A shopstream printing suggestion

I saved some freeze frame data on the Modis using the "save frame"
    setting hoping to then take it to a printer and print the text.
    I was presented with graphs by the modis with no way to change to text.
    So I thought I'd try Shopstream. I put it in text view, and was ready to print only to find it would print graphs only. Freeze frames are best viewed
    AND PRINTED in text view for obvious reasons. Is there any way we could talk you guys at Snap On into adding the option of printing a frame of
    data in text for such occasions?
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

Text View Printing using Shop Stream Connect

Originally posted by Wheel
    So I thought I'd try Shopstream. I put it in text view, and was ready to print only to find it would print graphs only. Freeze frames are best viewed
    AND PRINTED in text view for obvious reasons. Is there any way we could talk you guys at Snap On into adding the option of printing a frame of
    Whenever I need something printed in text from shopstream connect I use a program called MWsnap3. Its a free download and will capture anything you need and then can be saved to Documents and then printed. Would be better if Snappy had this feature available but this is a work around.I will try and upload a sample.The Sample size is to big for here. Hth Keep smilling
    Last edited by hefaus; 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM. Reason: upload sample

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by hefaus
      Whenever I need something printed in text from shopstream connect I use a program called MWsnap3. Its a free download and will capture anything you need and then can be saved to Documents and then printed. Would be better if Snappy had this feature available but this is a work around.I will try and upload a sample.The Sample size is to big for here. Hth Keep smilling
      My current workaround is to "print screen" it, paste it in Irfanview and
      print it.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• ephratah service center
        • Oct 2007

I use a program Called printkey that allows print screen fuction to work.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Make it easy on yourself and get the Seiko infra-red printer. Print your codes lists, ff data and screens when you need them...fast. You have uncovered the Modis' biggest downfall, printing.

Comment

• mj.burgess@btconnect.com
            • Nov 2008

Mike

Hi all. How do I set up my Verus to print vehicle history

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

While Shopstream is the best program of its kind I've encountered,
              it's issues liked the one I pointed out here about 2 years ago that keep it from being even better. Any chance of addressing this issue? I'd sure like the option of printing freeze frames in text format from Shopstream without having to use other programs for a workaround.

On another note, I was trying to use Shopstream to access some files
              from another computer on my network and found Shopstream only accesses local drives, not network ones. Would anyone else find this handy if added?

Comment

• Trindaddy
                • Jan 2010

While Shopstream is the best program of its kind I've encountered,
                it's issues liked the one I pointed out here about 2 years ago that keep it from being even better. Any chance of addressing this issue? I'd sure like the option of printing freeze frames in text format from Shopstream without having to use other programs for a workaround.

On another note, I was trying to use Shopstream to access some files
                from another computer on my network and found Shopstream only accesses local drives, not network ones. Would anyone else find this handy if added?
                Hey Wheel,
                Yes, accessing the network would be handy for uploads. I would like to reiterate my displeasure with file mangament and printing once again. If you think the original Modis was bad the Ultra is, well, worse. No way to label files on the Ultra, no "codes list" designation to print or save to.
                Guys, if your listening, we need data saved in lists for quick and easy saving and printing without having to use other programs and deal with multiple saves for long lists such as the lists created by readiness monitors, codes, "check all modules", pid lists, etc.

Neil

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Having the tools check all modules for codes seems to be a work in progress. A code stored in one module can have an effect on another module and inhibit some operations in the second module. Even within one module, things such as emissions monitors can be inhibited. Current codes, History codes and Pending codes all need to be considered.

First, have the tool query all modules to populate a code list.

Second, have the ability to "print code list" to some sort of universal text file such as .RTF or .TXT or .DOC.

Not only are we aware of possible codes in other areas affecting the area we're working on, but it is also stored where we can "view" it for reference as we work, and it is available to show the service advisor or the customer what was in there when we first started.
                  Sometimes the diagnostic path has some twists and turns and the root cause of a problem is in an area that one wouldn't initially expect it to be in.

Having SSC print a text list instead of just graphs would also be beneficial but if the tools already create these lists, it's not as critical that SSC do the same. It would be beneficial for SSC to print lists of text showing values existing in one particular frame though. Now it can be documented exactly WHERE and WHEN something happened.

Having SSC access "network" computers is of secondary concern. If the list is already in a text file it can easily be exported or copied to another location and lots of people have a variety of computers, not all of which are networked, nor would it be practical to network them all.

Complete code lists and querying all modules has been requested many times in the past. It has fallen on deaf ears for several years.

In general I agree with Wheel and Trindaddy

Comment

Working...