Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AutodocASE
    • Dec 2006

Solus and '00 Maxima mis-id'ing P1126

Vehicle:2000 Nissan Maxima,3.0L,Auto,VIN JNICA31D7YT746729.When scanned in VIN specific P0325(knock sensor) was only code.When scanned in global P1126 with Freeze Frame data stored.Solus id'ed this code as Electronic Throttle Control motor open circuit.Vehicle does not have ETC.This code is actually for thermostat function(usually a stuck open thermostat).In Troubleshooter the info on P1126 is all for ETC testing and function.
    Also there were no fuel trims available in VIN specific?
    And I noticed that after entering the VIN that it says to use the OBD connector with key K-2A and not the Nissan connector?
    This vehicle is staying overnight and I am going to try to make time to hook back up to it.I am also going to try communication through the Nissan connector to the right of the steering column.
  • Jesse James
    • Aug 2006

Thanks again for the great feedback AutodocASE! You are correct that the definition for this manufacturer specific code from Nissan should refer to an engine temperature malfunction, and not to something relating to Electronic Throttle Control. This was corrected for the v6.4 release.

I'm looking into the fuel trim PIDs for this car, as well as your question on the connector. Stay tuned for more to come...
    Last edited by Jesse James; 12-14-2006, 03:46 PM.
    James Jesse
    Data Management Lead
    EBI/Shop Key
    Snap-on Diagnostics
    Lincolnshire, Il

Comment

• AutodocASE
      • Dec 2006

Some other info:This vehicle needed a reflash of the ECM for a stalls when cold when put into gear issue.The customer showed up to pick up the vehicle before I could reconnect to it.When F.F. set for P0325 the ECT in freeze frame read minus 40*F and IAT read minus 58*F BUT this was with a bad battery in the vehicle.I installed a new battery,went for a short ride with the Solus graphing the two above listed PID's and there were no dropouts,code reset(P0325,no P1126)and freeze frame was as above.The other values in the freeze frame data were correct in both instances.Hmmm...internal ECM problem?
      In the Freeze Frame for the code P1126 that was stored when I first scanned the vehicle,in Global,these were the values:
      ECT:122*F IAT:48*F
      RPM:1,408 VSS:35mph
      B/fuel schdl.:4.4ms Abs.th.P/S: 2.10%
      STFT1:124% LTFT1:100%
      STFT2:124% LTFT2:100%
      Customer went to Nissan dealer for them to perform the TSB for cold stalls in gear and was told that the ECM already had that software level revision but would you like to purchase an ECM?I think it was a little bit of BS.Customer is now going to go to another dealer(or two)to see what they say.I'm sure he will call to let me know what happens and then I will update.

Comment

• No-Start
        • Oct 2006

I don't have any scans of a Maxima in that year, but do have some for a Sentra. It seems to have trim pids.

Does your Solus show A/F Alpha pids in enhanced?

No-Start

Comment

• AutodocASE
          • Dec 2006

Yes.There are two selections in enhanced for datastream.Alpha pids only show in one of those two selections.

Comment

• AutodocASE
            • Dec 2006

This vehicle ended up having a vacuum leak at the plenum gasket that only showed during the warm up cycle from a dead cold start.The Alpha pids would climb to a high of 125%,stay there for a short duration and then they would "reset" to 100%(starting point)and at the reset is when the stall would occur(leaned out too much).During this warm up cycle the o2's were also reading dead lean,as in 40-50mv's.If the vehicle was in park the stall would not occur but it did stumble and the idle was very low with misfires felt.I found the leak using propane fed under the plenum towards the rear bank and could watch the o2's become active and the Alpha pids be between 90-100%.

Comment

Working...