Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kylew308
    • Aug 2016

6.7 powerstroke injector testing

Hey guys I'm new to the forum I have a 2012 f-350 ford making lots of fuel I drained 6 gallons out of it. Sounds like it has an injector knock under load. I'm trying to narrow it down to a certain cylinder or cylinders. Contribution test doesn't show any obvious misfires although it does chug and run rough. No check engine lights. There is a PID that reads "Fuel balancing quantity for cylinde (ug)" there is one for each cylinder. Can anyone enlighten me on what the pid is for? Is it like balance rates for the injector? Cause cylinders 3&5 are way negative like -1200. Thanks in advance!
  • Kylew308
    • Aug 2016

Hahahah well there isn't a buzz test on the injectors and 6.7s don't have ficm they are all controlled buy the Pcm. I really just want to understand what exactly that pid is

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

the fuel balancing quantity (ug) is like the balance rates. a negative number is the pcm taking dwell time away from the piezo actuator in an attempt to inject less fuel in that cylinder. -1200 is bad sounds like you found your 2 bad injectors.

Comment

• Kylew308
        • Aug 2016

Thank you that's what I thought it was I just wasn't sure of it I appreciate it

Comment

Working...