Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Ethos Internal CMOS Battery

I have noticed in the setup screen on my Ethos ( Ethii ? ) that it displays both date and time, in this also you can alter the month / day /year layout, but no where can I see how or if you may set date and or time.

If the CMOS battery, type CR2032 is removed and the main battery's also disconnected, will the Ethos come back in a time/date set up mode before you can use as a scanner, or just reset to an arbitrary time/date from somewhere in history ?

Has anyone tried or discovered an answer to this ?
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

And now I found the time to pull one apart, the answer is it just came back correct.

But I only had it apart around 10 minutes, and YES I did take a back up of the Ethos operating system in case something screwed up bigtime

But nothing did

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Good for you , but if You see Moss instead of Cmos she be a Goner

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
        Good for you , but if You see Moss instead of Cmos she be a Goner
        If I see Moss, better hope the first name is Kate

Comment

• N_Mac
          • Mar 2018

I've an Ethos handset here and yes the time has reset because off a failed battery on the board. But the handset is now giving a software registration error, i assume because of the date now being Jan 1970. Snapon technical appear to be washing there hands of this telling me my device is no longer supported, and will not even look into how to set the time (i didn't think that was to much to ask, i'm not looking to update or a fix for anything broken). Can anyone help me get the correct time on my device.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I've an Ethos handset here and yes the time has reset because off a failed battery on the board. But the handset is now giving a software registration error, i assume because of the date now being Jan 1970. Snapon technical appear to be washing there hands of this telling me my device is no longer supported, and will not even look into how to set the time (i didn't think that was to much to ask, i'm not looking to update or a fix for anything broken). Can anyone help me get the correct time on my device.
            The Church is considering Laser Canonizing Steve Hawkings as The Patron Saint of Nerds soon, so have you considered an early prayer before to this self proclaimed Software guy , before he gets too busy up there to get off his throne and want to deal with windows support and hardware issues?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Pete K
              • Jan 2019

Hi

Anyone discovered how to use this tool, after CMOS battery replacement?

It says its not registered?

Thanks

Comment

• Jezstar
                • Jan 2021

Anyone ever fix this?

Comment

• Jezstar
                  • Jan 2021

Replaced mine and now my snap on says not registered!

Comment

Working...