Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

No communication with select modules

2011 Silverado and 2013 Silverado. They came in for different issues but both have the same symptoms. No communication for RCDLR, TPMS, Radio, HVAC, DDM, PDM. Everything works on the trucks for the most part but the Solus cant communicate. Ive read that dead batteries cause a lot of these problems and that sometimes a reprogram can wake them up. These trucks are both from body shops so I know the batteries have been dead. The reprogramming was no help. I wondering if I have the same problem on two trucks at once or if my Solus just cant get the job done on these. Thanks for any help.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I would suspect a problem with the scanner. If those modules were dead then there would be CAN codes in the other modules, saying they lost communication with those dead modules.
    I'd call Tech Support about it. I work on a lot of those trucks and have not run across that problem. They may have an answer for you.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

You may be right Joe but I'd be doing basics like checking fuses under the hood and in the dash fuse panels first.

Comment

• STURNER
        • Oct 2014

All fuses good.

Comment

• ericsautomotive
          • Mar 2014

Would have to agree with something is up with the scan tool as systems are functioning and no warning lamps on..... Might try giving tech support a call and see if they have some insight on the issue ?? 1-800-332-2526...
          Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
            You may be right Joe but I'd be doing basics like checking fuses under the hood and in the dash fuse panels first.
            You are correct. And I often skip the basics. It has cost me some time more than once.

Joe
            Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Take a good look at the scanner cable itself , check continuity of terminals from one end of cable to other and the male pins that none are missing.I have seen a DLC break out box that have little leds that let you see that you have activity on the the specific networks at the DLC before you even plug your scan tool into it

Automotive diagnostic equipment sales and support for professional automotive technicians, schools, instructors, and trainers. Services include custom manufacturing and product development.

Comment

• Crazyndn
                • Jan 2016

'08 Impala

I'm a student going through the madness... currently, doing ABS work, my vehicle is one of the school's fleet vehicles and when I go to run any scan on it, it says that there is no communication and gives this below.

ProtID=0x2A02 BEN=G3211

I've tried to look up that error code, but come up with nothing. We did have a similar issue on a 2012 Fusion, and it turned out to be a fuse that needed replaced. We checked that same possibility, but was good on that end. The vehicle is ran everyday, so it's not a battery/low voltage issue and everything that can be turned off is off(Headlights, radio, etc.). So what do you guys think?

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

If it's the school's vehicle ,did you visually take a look down under to see if the ABS module connector is fully seated into the module or the ABS module, fuses, or relay might even be missing, LOL

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                    Snap-on DSD
                    • Aug 2007

Is there power on the DLC to power the scanner? If not, fix that first.
                    If power is there grab a scope and check the communication wires at the DLC.
                    Joe
                    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...