Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

Best Answer

Hi, I need help, cant fix this vehicle, Ive tried everything, Im testing things....kind of. Help me.

Oh hey, I put a new part in and fixed it! Im glad I thought of that all by myself and 4 of you guys hadnt recommended that or to test anything. I guess I deserve best answer.

So now the tip is just to replace the part....instead of including any testing.
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

We do show the discussion in the closed questions. I don't like the fact that the posts are re-ordered to move the best and good answers to the top.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• maven
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
      We do show the discussion in the closed questions. I don't like the fact that the posts are re-ordered to move the best and good answers to the top.
      I agree, thats an issue. Obviously some guys dont want to acknowledge they were helped, or simply dont understand what they are doing when closing the topic, but re-ordering the posts isnt necessary especially since the Best Answer gets included in the original post anyway.

Comment

• ericsautomotive
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by maven
        Hi, I need help, cant fix this vehicle, Ive tried everything, Im testing things....kind of. Help me.

Oh hey, I put a new part in and fixed it! Im glad I thought of that all by myself and 4 of you guys hadnt recommended that or to test anything. I guess I deserve best answer.

So now the tip is just to replace the part....instead of including any testing.
        That one thing really chaps my ***......
        Why even ask a question if they have the best answer....
        I understand that some recommendation are no where near what's wrong with the vehicle, However when we tell them what to test and they find the problem !! They should at least show some respect and flag the help ! ! Just shooting my mouth off ! ! Eric's
        Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
          Then just leave them in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Let the people looking things up see the progression of help requests and how the community tries to help them check-test-diagnose the issues.

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

Maybe there should be a way that the person asking the question is blocked from giving themselves a best or good answer to their own question period. Make them give someone that responds to them some recognition for helping. Keeping the posts in order might help it make more sense to someone reading the question in the future trying to use it as reference.
            MasterWrench

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

To be honest, I did this yesterday just for fun. I was closing out "My Questions" and most were more just asking for opinions than anything else. Only did it one question though I think. I do agree that one should not be able to rate answers to their own question. At least I'm not as bad as the Patriots.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                Administrator
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by MasterWrench
                Maybe there should be a way that the person asking the question is blocked from giving themselves a best or good answer to their own question period. Make them give someone that responds to them some recognition for helping. Keeping the posts in order might help it make more sense to someone reading the question in the future trying to use it as reference.
                Sometimes there truly isn't a best answer in the replies. I actually tell users to mark their own answer the best answer in this case.

I'd like to change the system so that this works better and to also handle situations where the car isn't fixed at all. Takes time though.
                SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Scott 79
                  • Mar 2014

Hey, if we all miss the obvious, I can live with that.. but when one of us actually gives them the direction or the fix and they still give themselves best answer.. well that is the one that sticks in my crawl! There are a couple I will not respond to now for that very reason. We took our time to try to help... and we don't get paid to do it, maybe a little recognition would suffice.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MasterWrench
                    That's probably the best solution MasterWrench.
                    There could also be a selection for no "best" answer or allow them to leave it blank-??

Scott 79 (Autobouncer] ; Common courtesy would dictate a "thanks". If someone is too rude to at least say thanks for volunteer help, then to heck with them.

Comment

Working...