X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

2005 Kia Sorento 4x4 steering lines w hoses

MOD and AD estimators list times as .9 and .5 ea respectively for the return hoses and MOD shows 1.3 for the Hi pressure hose. The lines with hoses that attach to the rack came as a bundle with brackets listed as low pressure hose assembly from Dorman 9793016.
    MOD is no help for telling how and I don't know the procedure to get these trapped tubes out without either pulling front half shafts and dropping front axle and taking out from below or try removing left engine mount lower radiator hose, steering coupler, and other sh@t and trying from the top. The Hi pressure one with the higher labor time wasn't a problem after I cut the line at the attached seized fitting and used a torch to heat off the car. I'm thinking a Hyundai Santa Fe with 3.5 4wd would be the same. Anyone do one recently and know the easiest way on one of these ?

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Ok, going to my garage to pull the left engine mount , wheel well covering , un do harnesses, brackets ,battery tray ,sway bar and try to finesse the lines out through the rear of the LF front wheel well area after I finish a beer, but I have the sinking feeling I'm going to have to pull the front axle shafts and diff. to get these F"N lines out from the bottom. Maybe even fill a GL5 antifreeze container before it's done.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

didn't have to remove front axles and differential

shoved a scissors jack upside down between the left corner of the front cross member and the bottom of the air conditioning compressor and cranked up the left side of the motor and pulled the left engine mount out , then was able to maneuver the old lines out and the new lines in from the rear part of the left front wheel well . Still a Precarious PITA but it worked, so pulling the front half shafts and dropping the front differential was avoided.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Witsend; 01-23-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...