X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Just a rant about Over Optimistic Estimator times

Just replaced the left upper control arm assembly ( including new mounting stud brackets and nuts)on a 99 Acura RL where the estimator time is .8 for one upper control arm and 1.4 for both upper control arms.
    Right side one is easy to get to and replace and the time is appropriate. The left side upper control arm however with the power distribution box situated over it , required removal of the battery, the speed control servo, coolant reservoir and vacuum reservoirs,and a couple battery feed cables off the power distribution box to be able to swing it forward enough to access one control arm mounting bracket stud's nut. After doing the job you need to enter the radio security codes, etc. Not hard work but seems like the left side time allowance should be at least 1.4 hr by itself if you have to do all that extra work to replace it. Hmmm? maybe I could have discarded the new brackets that came with the new Mevotech control arm assembly and just weaseled old bolts out of the bushing sleeves between spring loops inside a strut tower, but 15 year old Salt Belt Beater that's a bigger PITA.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
    Hmmm? maybe I could have discarded the new brackets that came with the new Mevotech control arm assembly and just weaseled old bolts out of the bushing sleeves between spring loops inside a strut tower, but 15 year old Salt Belt Beater that's a bigger PITA.
    When you do the job over again it should go much faster now James, being you used Mevotech I'd give them 6-8 months. Shouldn't have too much rust build up by then

Comment

Working...