Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Snap On EEBC500-INT Battery Charger

Has anyone bought and got any experience using this model of charger?

I would be particularly interested in anyone who can advise about the ALT% function and how to interpret it when the alternator is used loaded.

Thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Has anyone bought and got any experience using this model of charger?

I would be particularly interested in anyone who can advise about the ALT% function and how to interpret it when the alternator is used loaded.

Thanks
    No, but if I had to venture a guess I would think a probe or something would have to probe , tee , or bridge the field circuit and give a % variance for off and on time (duty cycle) of voltage or ground applied. through some smart solid state controlled module inside that probably also prevents the charger from turning on when connected with polarity reversed before it will jump start or charge a car. Liability wise it protects us from blowing up a car but after a year or two when the solid state module dies and nothing works your temper explodes, and you take the unit apart and are bypassing a Chinese Brain box and LED display module to convert it into something that can make the sparks fly .
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-14-2015, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Working...