Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

2008 Kia Sedona

Had a 08 Sedona with abs problem and when I attempt to diagnose it the abs light comes on and abs is disabled. It has a bad right front sensor that is causing abs to activate prematurely.With the Solus ultra hooked up it will not act up and you can lock up the wheels and cause them to slide with no abs activation. What good is this the abs function on the scanner if you cant use it to diagnose the system?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I know on some Honda products, scanner communication will quit or at least won't display wheel speeds if you go over 25 mph. If you are able to communicate with the ABS , retrieve codes, and see ABS wheel speed data at lower speeds, who cares if the ABS doesn't activate, and that it skids braking hard, as long as it stops.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ephratah service center
      Had a 08 Sedona with abs problem and when I attempt to diagnose it the abs light comes on and abs is disabled. It has a bad right front sensor that is causing abs to activate prematurely.With the Solus ultra hooked up it will not act up and you can lock up the wheels and cause them to slide with no abs activation. What good is this the abs function on the scanner if you cant use it to diagnose the system?
      This is the theory of operation for some manufacturers. It does not seem to make diagnostic sense to us, but it does to an engineer. In these cases it is not the fault of the scan tool. Service info should declare the mode of operation if in a diagnostic state, but this too depends on the vehicle maker.
      S. Breland

Comment

Working...