Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bryanko
    • May 2007

solus questions

ok i just got the solus on a try before you buy...
    software on it is 6.2... "7.2 will be installed if i decide to buy"
    when i plug in my USB cable the computer does not recognize the solus like it did the ethos... will this change with 7.2?
    is it like ethos where i need to hold the y and n buttons before i power on or am i missing something?

second question... will solus only print via IR or can i hook up to a computer or non IR printer

i am very impressed with the solus and i talked my shop foreman and warranty manager into letting me use the solus data list instead of the toyota scanner we have but if i cant print then i am S.O.L.

third question... on 7.2 in asian software what is the latest year coverage of vehicles?

fourth... if i load all the troubleshooter cd software on a cf card will the solus be able to read it... to eliminate the need to go back and forth between scanner and PC?

sorry for all the questions... i am new to snap-on diagnostic tools and want to make sure its worth the hefty price tag it carries.

thanks
    Last edited by bryanko; 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM. Reason: more questions
  • bryanko
    • May 2007

well i anwered my own question and just purchased the solus and had 7.2 put on it

Comment

• dbarnes5654
      • Apr 2007

bryanko, now download shopstream connect. it's a free download from snap-on and it is great. it will allow you to view anything you save on the solus,movies,screen captures,graphs, and print it out. viewing the movies is really nice because when you click on a pid, it shows a graph of it in it's entirity. you can then expand it and see if there are any glitches. it's great and it's free. Don

Comment

• dbarnes5654
        • Apr 2007

Here is the link to download shopstream.

Comment

Working...