X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

SSC concerns

only 2 things that bother me right now with the new update:

1. the edit list doesn't seem to work. if you have 16 pids recorded, and you only want to view certain ones, you cannot.

2. the cursor doesn't work like it used to. this concern i'll have to play with for awhile to see if it actually is a hinderance or not.

otherwise, OS compatability, printing, and viewing 10.4 files have all worked flawlessly. thank you snap on, and the SSC team!!
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by crackerclicker
    only 2 things that bother me right now with the new update:

1. the edit list doesn't seem to work. if you have 16 pids recorded, and you only want to view certain ones, you cannot. We know about the edit list function and are looking into it.

2. the cursor doesn't work like it used to. this concern i'll have to play with for awhile to see if it actually is a hinderance or not. I will send this off the the development team to investigate.

otherwise, OS compatability, printing, and viewing 10.4 files have all worked flawlessly. thank you snap on, and the SSC team!!
    Good feedback
    Thanks
    Jay

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

thanks, jay.

i played with it some more last night, and discovered the cursor was working properly now. must have been user error .

as far as the edit list goes, i got some help from an iatn member explaining how to move the pids. if you double click on the pid you want moved, and drag it to the gray pid name in another location it will move.

while that is not the same as the old edit list feature, it is a good workaround for now. i might have actually figured this out on my own if i had ever used a verus .
      Attached Files

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

found something else that can be annoying. when dragging and dropping your pids, you may find that only the name of the pid has moved. the actual graph and data stays where it was and/or shows up inaccurately. attached is an example.

this doesn't happen constantly, but can be misleading when it does.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Sounds like the drag-n-drop technique is no solution for it working properly and not a viable workaround.

Completeness, accuracy and reliability are paramount.

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

found something else that can be annoying. when dragging and dropping your pids, you may find that only the name of the pid has moved. the actual graph and data stays where it was and/or shows up inaccurately. attached is an example.

this doesn't happen constantly, but can be misleading when it does.
            Crackerclicker,
            This is good constructive feedback I will pass it along.

Thanks
            Jay

Comment

• crackerclicker
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Crusty
              Sounds like the drag-n-drop technique is no solution for it working properly and not a viable workaround.

Completeness, accuracy and reliability are paramount.
              i hope you aren't taking a stab at me, crusty. i want SSC to work. if reporting bugs gets it done i'll be that much happier. it would seem snap on is taking a genuine interest in SSC now. if they are willing to actually make a good product work after all the poo we've given them then lets get it done. then we all can be happy. except you .
              Last edited by crackerclicker; 12-17-2010, 03:57 PM. Reason: naughty language

Comment

• C.A.R.S. Diagnostics
                • Dec 2010

A Work Around Of The Edit List

If I uploaded the picture correctly, I found a way to get around the edit list for the pids. You do not click drag and drop with the waveform on the right. Instead you stay in the area of the pids list. Hold your left mouse button under the pid you wish to use in the shaded area, you will see a small line under the pid. Drag it up to the shaded pid list and drop. This will give you the correct pid and the correct reading of that pid. Until they correct the edit button which needs to be asap. This can be a temp work around for now.

Charlie
                Attached Files

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                  • Nov 2007

Workaround

Hi Charlie,

I have been reading your posts, thanks for offering your valued opinions and information. Also, thanks for the annotated screenshot for those who aren't familiar.

Just a word about the SSC workaround you posted here. I'm sure you know that this is the way is it supposed to work with dragging the PIDs where you need them and was never intended as a work around. In fact, I would rather construct a custom data list (if "EDIT" was functioning) and bump the one or two PIDs where I need them, so my graphs line up and call it a day.

With the "drag" method, I have noticed that the PIDs don't always end up where needed and many times, with a touch screen as on the Verdict or Verus it can becomes a tedious task getting PIDs exactly where you need them. Can't do that with the fingertip...

BTW, Verus and Verdict are not approved platforms for SSC yet.

Still, since the Edit function isn't working and you cannot eliminate the PIDs you don't need, this is what you have to do.

Worse yet, I can't play with SSC at home because my home PC uses Vista 64 bit, and SSC won't even install.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

i hope you aren't taking a stab at me, crusty. i want SSC to work. if reporting bugs gets it done i'll be that much happier. it would seem snap on is taking a genuine interest in SSC now. if they are willing to actually make a good product work after all the poo we've given them then lets get it done. then we all can be happy. except you .
                    Nope, no stabs at you personally. Just an observation that when the technique mentioned causes other issues, it's not a viable workaround.

There have been things messed up with SSC for three years and SO has been told. Nicely at first but that didn't get me anywhere. So now I just call a spade a spade. I'm not being nasty, just calling a spade.

No, there are no "free lunches" and the companion software to the machines is part of a total package and the tools' capabilities, which SO pushed as an advertising feature, or benefit to purchasing their equipment, over other equipment. And I believed them, silly me for paying attention to advertising....

All I've ever asked them to do is make it perform as advertised.

I'll be dancing in the streets IF they ever get the things fixed but I'm not gonna kiss anyone's hiney for fixing something that's been screwed up for three years, which should have been right in the first place.

At least it appears they're starting to listen to others. 'cause they sure didn't fix things when I told them about it.....

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
                      Hi Charlie,

I have been reading your posts, thanks for offering your valued opinions and information. Also, thanks for the annotated screenshot for those who aren't familiar.

Just a word about the SSC workaround you posted here. I'm sure you know that this is the way is it supposed to work with dragging the PIDs where you need them and was never intended as a work around. In fact, I would rather construct a custom data list (if "EDIT" was functioning) and bump the one or two PIDs where I need them, so my graphs line up and call it a day.

With the "drag" method, I have noticed that the PIDs don't always end up where needed and many times, with a touch screen as on the Verdict or Verus it can becomes a tedious task getting PIDs exactly where you need them. Can't do that with the fingertip...

BTW, Verus and Verdict are not approved platforms for SSC yet.

Still, since the Edit function isn't working and you cannot eliminate the PIDs you don't need, this is what you have to do.

Worse yet, I can't play with SSC at home because my home PC uses Vista 64 bit, and SSC won't even install.
                      The Verus & Verdict might not be "approved" but the screen sure as heck looks familiar when they play back movies, based on screen shots posted from them.......
                      Just an an observation Bob.....

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
                        The Verus & Verdict might not be "approved" but the screen sure as heck looks familiar when they play back movies, based on screen shots posted from them.......
                        Just an an observation Bob.....
                        Yeah, I know. Just a comment. I didn't care if they were not approved platforms and I installed SSC on both Verus" and my Verdict. Funny thing, it seems to work well other than the "EDIT" function.

Comment

Working...