Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roadracer587
    • Mar 2012

Modis Simulator Board

I have recently purchased the Modis simulator board and have not problems using all of the functions except the function for A,B,C and D glitch on the ignition waveform. I have sampled the pattern and saved numerous movies and can not either see the different glitches nor find the control to change glitch types. Can anyone tell me how to perform this function?
    No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

There is no glitch in the ignition pattern, so there's a perfectly good reason that you can't see it!

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• roadracer587
      • Mar 2012

If there is no glitch, then why is it printed on the simulator board, glitch A, glitch B, glitch C and glitch D and show an example of what each one should look like. I am so confused.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Maybe you have a different board than what I've seen, or maybe I never looked closely at mine. My board only performs a glitch on dc voltage, frequency and AC voltage settings.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• roadracer587
          • Mar 2012

I have tried, but I guess you can not upload a picture into one of these posts. If you could see the simulator board you might be able to help me.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by roadracer587
            I have recently purchased the Modis simulator board and have not problems using all of the functions except the function for A,B,C and D glitch on the ignition waveform. I have sampled the pattern and saved numerous movies and can not either see the different glitches nor find the control to change glitch types. Can anyone tell me how to perform this function?
            2 versions of the board were produced. the original one does not have simulated ignition waveforms. The later board that replaced the original one has a 3/4" square hole in it where the RPM/Trigger lead can be clamped and a connector for the single Ignition cable. The part number is EESX306A. This board has been in production for many years now.
            To view the glitches:
            Move the selector switch located above the middle potentiometer to the "Glitch position.
            Select Ignition scope and set to 4Cyl Standard ignition under ignition setup at the far right of the Modis Top toolbar.
            Turn on the display of RPM under the View button on the left of the top toolbar.
            Connect the RPM and ignition leads to the board.
            Set the ignition threshold to about 1.5Kv using the control at the far right of the lower toolbar.
            Set the middle potentiometer until RPM is about 600.
            Turn the left potentiometer until it is about inthe middle of its range.
            Turn the right potentiometer until it is fully counter clockwise (7:30 position).
            There is a small notch on the top of the knob for the potentiometer that indicates the position.

You should now see that Cyl 1 drops out every 2 seconds.
            Each of the 4 positions (A,B,C,D on the right potentiometer) display a fault as shown the on the board.

I will see if the manual for the board can be posted in the user manual section on the website here:

Comment

• roadracer587
              • Mar 2012

Thanks alot. I have the instructions that came with my board and in the 2 pages that are in english they do not say anything about how to get these 4 glitch patterns. Once again thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...