Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul48
    • Feb 2014

vw brakes

can anyone shine a light will the ethos 12.4 wind back calipers on vw passets etc thanks.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

It should, I have 13.2 on my verus pro and do it regularly.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by paul48
      can anyone shine a light will the ethos 12.4 wind back calipers on vw passets etc thanks.
      I think you might be outta luck. From what I understand, the Ethos doesn't have any bi-directional command capabilities

Comment

• paulthepilot
        • Oct 2012

And you still need a mechanical tool to put some pistons back !

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If you don't have the scan tool capability to retract the caliper pistons , who says you can't look at the electrical Schematic and figure what you can jump power and ground to it manually using a power probe to Get-zher done. This ain't Rocket science, just off your rocker Eurotech engineering to make folk think you need some sort of Tuetonic Tech with an SS emblem in a white Lab coat to fix a freakin Volkswagon including super secret proprietary fluids. Just a PITA so folk sans scantool will take to dealer next time. LOL :-)

Comment

• paulthepilot
            • Oct 2012

You can disconnect the plug and wind them back with a jumper pack,bear in mind it will probably fault the system as it measures how far it goes back and current when using the scanner/vag com and pad measurement should also be added to computer,if not the pad light will come on early.

Comment

• David Green
              • Oct 2009

You can bypass the system but its not very advisable, the reasons being that the displacement of the caliper pistons are now not calibrated so the ECM does not know their correct positions, and just an advise here, make sure the brakes are cold when doing the work, as warm or hot brakes will contract when cold and the park brake efficiency will drop and the vehicle could roll away

Comment

Working...