X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

SIA 2000 ignition adapter kit

Hi,

Been searching the internet and seen many used adverts for sale of the SIA kit, but most links closed and sales ended

Does anyone know where I can purchase a SIA 2000 ignition adapter kit for my Vantage Pro
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

I havent seen one in a while, but have you looked into the Ferret 953 or Pico PP361 Mixmaster?

Both of these offer similar functionality to the ridiculously expensive SIA2000, but at roughly 1/4 the price.

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

I've had a look on the internet at the items you advise, the pico can't find much info about it but the Ferret from what I can see looks like you put its own secondary plug wires in place of the vehicles original equipment, and if that is so is that then not just bypassing the problem rather than scoping the problem?

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Here's the official pico site...its manual and all related propaganda are there.

The Ferret kV leads have clips on the end...they aren't replacement secondary leads for the system your testing, just a clip on lead like most other options.

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

I like the idea of the SIA 2000 for Snappy scopes, but if you can't find one the Pico Mixmaster is a great alternative (at least compared to the Ferret unit). Demonstration: http://www.autonerdz.com/flash/modismix2.html

Comment

• David Green
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by maven
            Here's the official pico site...its manual and all related propaganda are there.

The Ferret kV leads have clips on the end...they aren't replacement secondary leads for the system your testing, just a clip on lead like most other options.
            Thanks looks like I am going to go with the Pico Kit

Comment

• David Green
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by crackerclicker
              I like the idea of the SIA 2000 for Snappy scopes, but if you can't find one the Pico Mixmaster is a great alternative (at least compared to the Ferret unit). Demonstration: http://www.autonerdz.com/flash/modismix2.html
              Thanks for the link

Comment

Working...