Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddie8
    • Mar 2008

ohm calibration of test leafs

Hi guys. I dont use the multi meter much in the verus but I did the other day. I wanted to use my ohm meter so I did the hold the two leads together and hit the cal button and the reading never went down to zero like it does on my small dvom. It read about 60 to 130 ohms while calibrating. I tested these leads on my small dvom and they zeroed out so was wondering if im doing something wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Edwin Hazzard
    Southeast Mobile Tech
  • derktins
    • Oct 2012

Did you connect the leads BEFORE pressing "Calibrate"?

If so, try different leads, clips, etc.

Eliminate the simple stuff first before you tear your SO driver's head off lol

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Hi Edwin,

I have to hold the leads pretty tight together to eliminate all the resistance and get the meter to zero. HTH
      S. Breland

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
        Hi Edwin,

I have to hold the leads pretty tight together to eliminate all the resistance and get the meter to zero. HTH
        Try cleaning the metal probe tips with a pencil erasor.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Ohm Meter won't zero

Hello.

For what it is worth I have a gen 1 verus and had the same issue with the ohm meter not calibrating. Had to send the unit in for repair. I believe they replaced the scope/meter module in it as when I got it back all my aftermarket software was still intact and I didn't have to reinstall things. I believe there are some relays internal to the meter module. You can hear them click as the ohm meter switches ranges. Possibly dirty contacts on the relays but not sure.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...