X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Ford Immobilizer key programming

Seems like a problem being able to find a lock smiths anymore that stocks the proper blank factory Stratec immobilizer keys.They just make clone chip keys from another working PATS key, and want to charge you at least $60. Seems you or your customer has to either buy the correct key blanks from the stealership or Amazon if you want to get a PATS key cut that you can add with 2 working unique PATS keys or gain security access and program PATS key with a capable scan tool.Even hardware stores and K mart Clone the keys. So it is possible now that when you erase PATS keys and go to reprogram clone keys you going to have a bad day
  • dodge90
    • Oct 2014

What's funny about that is everyone I did to always says failed at end of programing, but the car will start with both keys. Can't explain that one. Even my buddy that does it all the time shook his head watching me do it and says that's not possible.
    I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

What's funny about that is everyone I did to always says failed at end of programing, but the car will start with both keys. Can't explain that one. Even my buddy that does it all the time shook his head watching me do it and says that's not possible.
      Port Freight 08 says it failed too. Guess the aftermarket scan tools just have to display that the process failed at the end so F"N Ford won't sue them for being able to do a function successfully that IDS does .

Comment

Working...