Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schrade
    • Oct 2016

MT-2500 for A/C Module diags; '98 GMC ?

Hi guys; anyone know here if an MT-2500 will get DTC's (or ANY error codes) out of the A/C Module?

Vehicle is a '98 GMC, with ECC. The scanner has correctly ID'd the vehicle.

I think I've navigated everywhere in the scanner (hope I'm wrong), but I haven't seen where to go with it.

I read through the manual, GM Section, and didn't see anything there either.

Help here???

---------------
    edit; just read that MT-2500's can be updated? Unless on the 'hot list'??? Is the 'Hot List' published? I got mine on eBay earlier this year; did not know to check this...
    Last edited by Schrade; 10-25-2016, 09:13 AM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

My MT2500 with the black cartridge with coverage through 2005 ,I think was able to access some BCM stuff but don't think the HVAC was., in fact I think 16.4 may have just finally added the capability going back as far as 1996 cars . 20 years is way too long a time to Kiss OE manufacturers @sses and get the Vatican's blessing to be able to include the function in an aftermarket scan tool.
    Don't worry about any Hot List for any old MT2500s , Snappy wishes they would all go away. MT2500s no longer can be updated unless someone still has an old Scan bay setup somewhere that can update black cartridges to the last available update they offered, but haven't seen or heard of anyone anywhere.

Comment

• Schrade
      • Oct 2016

THanks there wit; "No"... seems to answer that question, unless anybody knows differently?

Missin' my OBD I vettes already. Push a few buttons; get ALL codes.............

Comment

• Schrade
        • Oct 2016

I went to a local shop, and they plugged in. No HVAC Codes, history or current.

Funny thing, I had installed the wrong HVAC part for temp door actuator - Dorman 604-100 (MANUAL HVAC), instead of 604-106 (ECC), and still no code. HUH?

I asked the tech if he could update my MT-2500 with the SO Rep, he said it costs almost 4 figures. OUCH.

I'm not a wrench by trade - so wondering here if there's a way to circumvent software update for my 2500 ???

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If it has automatic temperature control , there might be some built in self diagnostics capability that can be accessed by holding a couple buttons simultaneously while pushing another.
          Not sure what you got but not seeing automatic climate control for the few GMC models I checked for Automatic Climate Control .
          Scotty seems to have an answer, LOL.

Last edited by Witsend; 10-28-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...