Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leemack
    • Jul 2010

verus pro scope

Can anyone tell me for certain that the verus pro isn't completely wireless in scope mode like the verdict.

I was discussing this with my dealer (UK) and he said that it is. I said no its not as when you undock the scope module you need to connect a usb lead up between it and theverus display tablet.

The verdict is completely wireless as it operates via bluetoothin scope mode which I find very strange how the flag ship veruspro isn't.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

You are correct about needing a USB cable between the scope module and display unit. Some have reported success with pairing the Verdict's two channel scope module with the Verus. I myself would rather have the other two channel traces, and run a long USB cable.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

sbreland is correct. You need the USB cable to connect the lab scope module to the Verus Pro. It is also possible to pair the Verdict Meter to the Verus and make it wireless, if a wireless meter is something you need.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• transporter
        • Jun 2012

I din't have to undock the scope yet.

Comment

• leemack
          • Jul 2010

My point mainly is why not make the flag ship model the best and have it fully wireless, not play at it. The idea with the verdict is excellent.

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by leemack
            My point mainly is why not make the flag ship model the best and have it fully wireless, not play at it. The idea with the verdict is excellent.
            Perhaps you can go into detail and explain how someone would transmit four channels via a Bluetooth connection?
            S. Breland

Comment

• transporter
              • Jun 2012

The wired scope is not a deal breaker for me. What would be a deal breaker for me now, is that the scope in Verus Pro can't graph the resistance like the Vantage can. I won't buy another Snap-On when they remove the good features whenever they like.

Comment

• Wheel
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by leemack
                The Verus can use the M2 meter of the Verdict, available separately.
                What I would like to see is the ability to use both scopes at once - perhaps not both on the same window, but that would give you 6 channels and 2 time bases if needed, and one could toggle between the scopes as needed to keep an eye on things.

You and I are on the same page as far as not understanding why the flagship diagnostic tool is denied the ability to do everything the older and everything the lesser tools can do and also do it better. I don't mind the tool's higher price tag, but let's justify it, right?
                You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by transporter
                  The wired scope is not a deal breaker for me. What would be a deal breaker for me now, is that the scope in Verus Pro can't graph the resistance like the Vantage can.

I won't buy another Snap-On when they remove the good features whenever they like.

What I can't understand is why they do this at all and they seem to be doing it with increasing frequency. It is perfectly natural and one is entitled to expect more, not less from newer tools and increasing technology. This backsliding trend is not only disappointing, but irritating - from the tool buyer's point of view, he's being ripped off.
                  I have to say I have more trust in the wired scope, but would also have use for the convenience of the wireless one.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• leemack
                    • Jul 2010

I'm not a computer expert so haven't a clue how bluetooth would work but at least someone understands thr purpose of my post.

£6500 for top of the range model which isnt actuality all the other diag tools rolled into one which is what I would expect at the very least. Even a dedicated amps jack should be included.

Testing newer type wideband 02 sensors current with a standard amps clamp isn't very easy or accurate unless you buy an expensive micro amps clamp that has a range 0-450Mv.

Thanks
                    Lee

Comment

• eddiesverus
                      • Dec 2008

M2 DMM

I have the Wireless Verus and I Think about buying the M2 separate but will it function with the Scope on the Verus, or will it cause any conflicts? Can the internal scope be disabled?
                      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                        Snap-on DSD
                        • Aug 2007

You can pair the M2 to a Verus, and it when you do, it will disable the internal scope. The software will show a 2 trace lab scope instead of a 4 trace, and it will work wirelessly as expected. You can easily switch paring back and forth between the two of them.

Joe
                        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                        Henry Ford

Comment

Working...