pressure transducer, which one

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leemack
    • Jul 2010

i've bought the EEPV302AT 500psi transducer but now need to know what thread type/size it is so i can buy a coupler to fit my snap-on compression hoses.

The snap-on compression gauge is alot larger than the transducer.

thanks
    lee

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
      Snap-on D&I
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by leemack
      i've bought the EEPV302AT 500psi transducer but now need to know what thread type/size it is so i can buy a coupler to fit my snap-on compression hoses.

The snap-on compression gauge is alot larger than the transducer.

thanks
      lee
      1/8-27 NPT

Comment

• DougMontgomery
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by leemack
        Don't forget i'm in the UK but where can I get theze discs from.
        Code:
        http://www.aeswave.com/products/Product.asp?i=1091&ci=76&sa=Y

Comment

• BILLY QLINDO
          • Aug 2012

Pressure Transducer..HELP PLEASE.....

Hi, I have 2 pressure transducers (100 & 500 psi) with cable from and old Sun ociloscope machine (Snapon), but i can't make them work with my MODIS because the cable needs an adapter. I would like to know where I can buy just the cable or adapter (product number) and accesories from Snapon or anywhere else so i can use them . thank you for your time.
          PS: I asked my snapon dealer about the cable and He told me they sell it with the complete kit, the accessories for the engine I can probable make them myself. Thank you again for any help.

Comment

• wileyone123
            • Nov 2012

SNAP ON TOOLS DIAGNOSTICS PRESSURE TRANSDUCER CABLE EAX0024B10A

it can be purchased separately. i believe cost is about $105 USdollars.
            after finding/buying mine on Ebay for $50, i pinned it out and have made other working cables of different lengths....3ft to 15ft length.
            to make your own, search for a Mini Din 9 pin cable....cut, splice, solder as required to a Packard 3 pin harness(GM TPS, late models).
            Using a harness pigtail and purchased cable, U can have as little as $10-15/cable.
            Pinouts on 9 pin are difficult to describe, so i will try my best:
            while looking at the Male Pin end of cable, having the 2pins at 12:00...as U see it, Row 1 of 2 pins Left to Right...pin 1 is 5VDC source. my wire color code was Red for this pin.
            Row 1, pin 2 is Ground. color code Brown.
            Row 2, pin 4 (right side) is the Signal. color code Orange.

Note, all color codes are subjective to cable manufacturer.

3 way pigtail: ACDelco PT-375 or PT-1825

Looking at end of pigtail, Female terminals and locking-tang/2 terminals at 12:00....top left(Red) is 5VDC supply. Top right(Black) is Ground.
            Bottom center(Blue) is Signal.
            again Note: color codes subjective to harness manufacturer.

hth, Marti

any questions, please contact me.

Comment

• brad_m
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by wileyone123
              SNAP ON TOOLS DIAGNOSTICS PRESSURE TRANSDUCER CABLE EAX0024B10A

it can be purchased separately. i believe cost is about $105 USdollars.
              after finding/buying mine on Ebay for $50, i pinned it out and have made other working cables of different lengths....3ft to 15ft length.
              to make your own, search for a Mini Din 9 pin cable....cut, splice, solder as required to a Packard 3 pin harness(GM TPS, late models).
              Using a harness pigtail and purchased cable, U can have as little as $10-15/cable.
              Pinouts on 9 pin are difficult to describe, so i will try my best:
              while looking at the Male Pin end of cable, having the 2pins at 12:00...as U see it, Row 1 of 2 pins Left to Right...pin 1 is 5VDC source. my wire color code was Red for this pin.
              Row 1, pin 2 is Ground. color code Brown.
              Row 2, pin 4 (right side) is the Signal. color code Orange.

Note, all color codes are subjective to cable manufacturer.

3 way pigtail: ACDelco PT-375 or PT-1825

Looking at end of pigtail, Female terminals and locking-tang/2 terminals at 12:00....top left(Red) is 5VDC supply. Top right(Black) is Ground.
              Bottom center(Blue) is Signal.
              again Note: color codes subjective to harness manufacturer.

hth, Marti

any questions, please contact me.

With the mini din 9 pin cable and a pressure transducer with a 0.5-4.5v linear output I should be able to to splice the right wires to have it working on my Modis?

I bought my Modis about 12 months ago and I'm just starting to find my way through all the stuff I didn't realize it was capable of. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the price of the snap-on transducers.

I don't have it here with me, so I'll ask the question, it seems snap-on sell 100psi, 500psi and 5000psi transducers. Is that all my Modis is able to read/display? or can I use configure it to use a 30psi transducer?

Comment

• crackerclicker
                • May 2008

Originally posted by brad_m
                With the mini din 9 pin cable and a pressure transducer with a 0.5-4.5v linear output I should be able to to splice the right wires to have it working on my Modis?
                sure, but you'll have to convert the voltage to psi on your own. not really a hard task, just irritating sometimes. also, don't expect any old transducer to give you precise results for in-cylinder compression testing. doug montgomery's dcti, the fluke pv350, and the pico wps500 are the most reliable if you want to do those types of tests.

Comment

• brad_m
                  • Dec 2012

I had a chat with my dealer today.
                  the split lead adapter is $50, the pressure transducers are $620.
                  That's almost twice the listed price on the US website yet our dollar is currently stronger.

I told the dealer straight up that at that price I won't buy it, not when you can get them in the US for half.

I'm really only after something to do basic testing with at this stage to get some experience and proficiency with the tool. After that I should have fair idea if the snap-on transducers are going to be good value to me.
                  Are there any other transducers that have the same V/pressure? that are not going to cost stupid amounts of money.

Comment

Working...