Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Dockable scanner

I had a Verus since 2007 and have seen all the great improvements to it because of these forums and I thank all its members and Snapon for it. I've seen the new VerusPro and think of it's dockable scope a good idea, but what should of been dockable is the wireless scan module. wireless has been a great advantage for us as techs and we appreciate SnapOn came out with it. But having to carry around two peaces of equipment has made it somewhat difficult for us as well and also batteries dying out when out on the road test. We need to have a dockable scanner module such as OTC's Pegisys and new Genisys Touch for the Next Verus/Verdict overhal. What do you guys think? any feedback would be appriciated?
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
    I had a Verus since 2007 and have seen all the great improvements to it because of these forums and I thank all its members and Snapon for it. I've seen the new VerusPro and think of it's dockable scope a good idea, but what should of been dockable is the wireless scan module. wireless has been a great advantage for us as techs and we appreciate SnapOn came out with it. But having to carry around two peaces of equipment has made it somewhat difficult for us as well and also batteries dying out when out on the road test. We need to have a dockable scanner module such as OTC's Pegisys and new Genisys Touch for the Next Verus/Verdict overhal. What do you guys think? any feedback would be appriciated?
    I agree. I thought they needed this since they came out with the first wireless Verus. I was disappointed the Verus Pro did not have this feature, and one of the main reasons (along with the lack of the return of the missing 10.2 features ) that I did not buy one. A lot of hardware improvements otherwise. The wireless is a nice feature if you need it, but the way the wireless Verus (both versions) is currently designed, it is a DEFINITE liability if you don't - ALL the problems of which could be fixed with the dockable scan module. You mentioned the 2 most important reasons I can think of, but I'll add another:
    When software is updated, it would be second nature to have the scan module docked, therefore automatically taking care of any firmware
    upgrades as well. As it is, one may not think to plug in the usb port,
    and then gets mad when the scanner doesn't work right due to no firmware upgrade. Just one less thing for us to worry about as if we needed any more. For Snap On that means better customer satisfaction, and fewer calls in to potentially waste tech support's time.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Wheel
      When software is updated, it would be second nature to have the scan module docked, therefore automatically taking care of any firmware
      upgrades as well. As it is, one may not think to plug in the usb port,
      and then gets mad when the scanner doesn't work right due to no firmware upgrade. Just one less thing for us to worry about as if we needed any more. For Snap On that means better customer satisfaction, and fewer calls in to potentially waste tech support's time.
      I mentioned to my Dealer that when an update is performed, he could have the customer bring in their S3 and perform the firmware upgrade for them. He stated "Ah, that would solve THAT problem." The newer software is MUCH better about prompting the user to connect the S3 for it's firmware update prior to connecting to a vehicle.
      S. Breland

Comment

Working...