Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

14 Equinox Rear Clutch

Had a 14 Chevy Equinox from a body shop with the service AWD message flashing in the instrument cluster. Found code C056E symptom 47 as current in the Rear Differential Clutch Control Module, Electronic Control Unit Software VIN not Programmed. I could see that the rear different and control unit had been replaced so I figured that the module had not been flashed. I performed the flash but still had the message flashing. Next I checked the functional tests with my Verus and saw that a Service Calibration Value could be programmed to the Rear Clutch Module. The instructions said that the number could be found etched on the clutch housing. I looked around but did not see anything. I went back to the SPS module setup and the instructions there told me to look for the value on the Rear Clutch Control Module electrical connector. Yep, there it was, 52, stamped on the connector. I entered that using the GM programming. All is good. I checked with Verus to confirm the value had been changed. The Snap On instructions need to be updated. I'll post the picture of the connector tomorrow. It's on a different camera.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Bob, sounds like factory BS hoop jumping to me that I hope was basic coding function you did off Verus and not something you had to do from your pass through and having to pay for a sub. A customer of mine had a 06 Equinox POS with AWD that has been FWD for the past several years. He tossed the drive shaft and never looked back. It's a Tinkertoy set up, you really don't need to have it if the cost to replace it is prohibitive.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Here is the number engraved into the electrical connector of the Rear Clutch module. It should also be noted that C056E symptom 47 is no where to be found in ShopKey. I used GM SPS to program the VIN, so yes a subscription was needed for that. The calibration value programming could be done with the Verus, but I used SPS because I already had it activated and the function was there. I do pretty good on the subscription usually, I got 5 vehicles on a 2 day pass this time. If I know I Have a lot coming up I just get the longer subscription.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by greasybob; 12-28-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...