Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trentofdestiny
    • Feb 2012

Solus Edge 16.4 Toyota SAS calibration

I don't seem to have the calibration for the steering angle sensor on 2012 Prius on my Edge. Under "Wheel Alignment" it has two options, "Reset Memory" and "Test Mode", which are the same options as listed under Antilock Brakes, and they erase and recalibrate the acceleration sensors in the car, respectively. But there is a separate recal for the steering angle sensor, according to Toyota, in their Techstream software. So why can't I do that with the Snap-On? I looked in EMPS (steering) but that only lists the torque sensor recal.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

The way I read it, the torque calibration and the Zero point (rotational angle) calibration are one and the same procedure
    Attached Files

Comment

• Trentofdestiny
      • Feb 2012

Well you are correct, but I don't have the brushless power steering motor in the column. I think that's the only one that has a rotation angle sensor. My code (C1231) is in the ABS/VSC module (Toyota calls it the "skid control ECU"), not the EMPS (Steering) module.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Sometimes folk with new Autistic Maxi Cyst got holes in software and need to pull out the Ole StrapOn Brick and sometimes a shop foreman with shop's new $8K Edge has to borrow the apprentice's old Port Freight 08. Just the way it goes in an imperfect world.

Comment

• Trentofdestiny
          • Feb 2012

My issue was with my brain, not with Snap-On. This particular model (12 Prius) will automagically zero-point the steering angle sensor after you do the VSC zero point calibration and then drive straight for a bit. I didn't know this.

So it comes down to not installing the sensor properly and/or getting a bad one, because the code doesn't go away - otherwise things would work as designed.

Comment

Working...