Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

They actually had a special low amp probe for it that works really well. Trouble is you couldn't use it and the high amp probe at the same time. It didn't take me long to replace the little alligator clips on the white and red auxiliary leads with banana plug ends to allow more flexibility to use other equipment and probes
    with it. You can get various adapters at AESwave to help also once you make this conversion. Their software also allows you to save your Counselor screenshots to a computer if you need to save them. You might also find something to help with your transducer needs there.
    Thanks Wheel for the tips about the adapters . So far just been back probing with the longer sewing pins with the little plastic balls an using the alligator clips.
    Today i had nothing going on and figured I would play Susie Home Maker and stitch the seams of Counselor dust cover together with needle and thread and it took hours to finish , just to find all the knots I made were coming undone, so I put a speck of super glue on each one in hope they will not come undone.
    Funny thing after I verified the smaller inductive #1 pickup worked and pulled my Explorer out of the garage. WTF, the battery light was on but charging voltage was still 14.7 on DVOM. Go figure , Think I would have known if I shorted the white lead.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend

Is there a less bulky alternative #1 pickup that can be used on a Counselor 2 that is also sensitive enough to work as a rpm trigger off a COP primary pigtail or a pigtail off a fuel injector?
      This end, the gray one on this Modis/Verus/Vantage pro rpm lead

was also found on the heritage Vantage, later timing lights, and later Counselors
      and if one could be sourced new or used from an old tool may solve your problem. Like I say, about the size of the low amp clamp give or take a little.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...