X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Short Bus Genius?

Are there examples of where software writers for an after market scan tool company created a useful special function that work on a make of car that the factory OE scan tool engineers did not think of engineering yet and offer on the OE tool?
    Last edited by Witsend; 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM.
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Witsend
    Are there examples of where software writers for an after market scan tool company created a useful special function that work on a make of car that the factory OE scan tool engineers did not think of engineering yet and offer on the OE tool?
    I always felt like the VCDS (Vag-Com) software was more functional than the OE software Audi loaded on their VAS 5052, so I installed Vag-Com on the OE tool!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I always felt like the VCDS (Vag-Com) software was more functional than the OE software Audi loaded on their VAS 5052, so I installed Vag-Com on the OE tool!
      LOL, cool , an aftermarket program on the factory tool
      I just used my old MT2500 or my old Port Freight 08. I was working on a 2004 VW Golf GLS , and saw on the Port Freight 08 an option on menu to view password. Is this the elusive PIN # that so many guys with the newer Tablets are asking about a need to have in order to program immobilizer keys or get into certain functions, or is password the factory radio anti theft code, or what? There was already an aftermarket radio in this VW Golf , so if the anti theft radio password is stored in the radio , then this might be for something else
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Witsend; 03-08-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...