Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Modules report?

Is there a way to see what modules are on the network with the verus? I know the tech 2 and the Chrysler drb have something like that. I was wondering if it is possible with the verus. I am using 12.4 software.
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by komobu
    Is there a way to see what modules are on the network with the verus? I know the tech 2 and the Chrysler drb have something like that. I was wondering if it is possible with the verus. I am using 12.4 software.
    Not as far as I know. I hope an all module scan is near the top of their priority list.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• GM guy
      • Dec 2006

global dtc's

Try selecting "OBD-II/EOBD" from main menu, then OBDII health check.
      This should check all reporting modules for DTC's.

Comment

• komobu
        • Feb 2009

Thanks....Ill give it a try!

Comment

• TurboJim
          • Jan 2007

EOBD...hmmm, wouldnt that just be emissions related modules? I have never seen (or maybe havent looked) for a ABS or SRS module listed in OBD or EOBD. I'll have to try that. Would love to be able to see a module "map" so see who alls on the network. Gravy would be active/inactive, and a "sleep" mode....although the S3 would have to be avle to be powered externally to make that useful, and I dont know who aside from GM/Chrysler support active network commands/controls.
          Jim Testa
          Senior Technician
          JD Automotive & Truck Inc
          Dover, NJ

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by TurboJim
            EOBD...hmmm, wouldnt that just be emissions related modules? I have never seen (or maybe havent looked) for a ABS or SRS module listed in OBD or EOBD. I'll have to try that. Would love to be able to see a module "map" so see who alls on the network. Gravy would be active/inactive, and a "sleep" mode....although the S3 would have to be avle to be powered externally to make that useful, and I dont know who aside from GM/Chrysler support active network commands/controls.
            I really don't think they have this yet. I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
            Like I said - it definitely needs to be on the priority list.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• eddie8
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TurboJim
              Jim, you are correct. Eobd will only check emmissions modules. Not other modules. As of now, and that could change, only the factory tools will do network scans.
              Edwin Hazzard
              Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• badcoupe
                • Jan 2011

when i ran a mentor/genisys it had an all modules check that was very handy also showed all codes for each module.

Comment

• eddie8
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by badcoupe
                  when i ran a mentor/genisys it had an all modules check that was very handy also showed all codes for each module.
                  Hmmm...I have a matco determinator(same tool) I didnt see that but my tool is very outdated. Thanks. Thats good to know
                  Edwin Hazzard
                  Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddie8
                    Hmmm...I have a matco determinator(same tool) I didnt see that but my tool is very outdated. Thanks. Thats good to know
                    I think it has had it since about 2007 - 08 or so.
                    While the feature is not perfect, it is certainly better than nothing
                    and definitely useful. This is one of, if not THE primary reason I grab
                    it before my Verus sometimes. Now that they have eliminated the keys,
                    Snap On can do the same or better if they just would.

Comment

• MadMatt1372
                      • Jan 2008

I've had this feature on late model Fords only. The DS708 does it for Nissan and Toyota, just got it and still playing with it.

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

The Pegisys/Genisys did have what they called an Automated Systems Test. What this did was communicate with all modules in a certain sequence, and got all codes and Generic/Mode$06 Data. Then it would show them all on the next screen(s). Then you could print them out, or view just the codes. Was very time consuming, especially on the luxury cars with lots of modules, but by the time you got the car pulled in, checked out, and on the lift, it was almost done. Example: 2007 Escalade with 8 or 9 modules would take 14 minutes or so. Very helpful to have that, but the scanner itself wasn't worth the $, IMHO. Am now seeing the Pegisys going waaaaay down in value and many are for sale. Probably a bunch of guys getting smart and buying S.O. stuff!
                        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• phill57
                          • Oct 2007

All Module DTC Scan

This is something that we have been requesting for years now. We do have the capability on some Ford and Chrysler vehicles but it could certainly be better as always. In addition to this the module that reported the code should be identified in the list on the vehicle history report. Oh and while we are asking, lets add "all module DTC erase" .

AutoEnginuity has this capability on most as well as "Get VIN" to auto id a vehicle when supported.

Maybe we need to resurrect the "What features would you like to see in your Verus" thread.

Comment

Working...