X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Temperature / Graphing Resistance

Hi;

I got a vehicle in today with an intermittent no heat issue. I have a fluke temp probe that is really nothing more than a thermister. I would like to read temperature on my verus, preferably in graphing. If I cant read temp, is it possible to read the resistance of the thermister in graph? That way I could see the hot times and the cool times.

Thanks for any help
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

What is the output of the Fluke temp probe?
    If it is not in mv, sounds like you need something like this:

or something similar

Comment

• komobu
      • Feb 2009

Rich, I have been looking at my users manual, and I am supposed to have three features that are not showing up on my Verus. I am running software 12.4. The online users guide(jpeg attached) says I am supposed to have the following:

4 Channel Lab Scope
      Volts DC
      Low Amps (20)
      Low Amps (40)
      Low Amps (60)
      Ignition Probe
      100 psi Vacuum
      100 psi Pressure
      500 psi Pressure
      5000 psi pressure
      MT5030 Vacuum
      MT5030 Pressure
      EEDM506D Temperature

Look at my attached screenshots. I dont have anything after the 5000 psi Pressure. Any idea what is going on? Is it possible that I didnt get a complete update? I will be asking my SnapOn Rep today about this at Lunch Time.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by komobu
        Hi;

I got a vehicle in today with an intermittent no heat issue. I have a fluke temp probe that is really nothing more than a thermister. I would like to read temperature on my verus, preferably in graphing. If I cant read temp, is it possible to read the resistance of the thermister in graph? That way I could see the hot times and the cool times.

Thanks for any help
        The Verus does not graph resistance like the original Vantage could,
        however it should have this feature added, no excuse. They finally added this to Vantage pro but nothing else - WHY?

I have also been after them to add a feature to define a custom probe and add it to the list, such as a temperature probe whereby you could read the results directly in degrees on the tool instead of having to do the conversions yourself.

Meanwhile you can use something such as Rich suggested which converts temperature to a voltage value and do the math.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• komobu
          • Feb 2009

Wheel; I heard from someone else over on IATN that I am supposed to "have a preset in the labscope for the EEDM506D Temperature adapter with which you can graph temp". I dont have this on my verus v12.4, but according to my manual I am supposed to. I am thinking if I had this, I could graph my temp. Now I am trying to figure out why I dont have it.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

It’s the Verdict that has the additional menu selections for theTemp and pressure probes that the Verus does not.
            The Verdict uses the external 2 channel scope meter which doesn’t providepower for the original Snap-on pressure probes that the Verus, Modis and VantagePro use. It therefore had some different adapters available forpressure/vacuum and Temp.

A separate adapter was then produced to power the Snap-on pressure
            probes so they could also be used with the Verdict. This allowed
            Modis or Vantage Pro owners touse their pressure accessories if they
            purchased a Verdict.

If you used the Temp probe from the Verdict with your Verus, youwould have to set the scope to a mv scale and convert the mv output to temp.

I suspect the manuals for both the Verus and Verdict pull from acommon set of information and the manuals for each cover the features specificto the platform.
            The Verus manual may have inadvertently used information meant forthe Verdict. I will have to look intothat to be sure.

Comment

• Billcmat
              • Apr 2007

Snap-On Temp Probe

I have the Snap-On temp adaptor and assorted probes. It outputs in 1 Mv per degree, so it would be easy to use the scope to graph it out.

I use them mainly with a Fluke meter. They work very well!

Willie
              Bill Mays
              Duffy's Repair Service
              Ashland, VA

Comment

Working...