X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich Barton
    • Sep 2007

Using big monitor with verus

Hi Group,

Can anybody explain how to turn on the verus to allow it to show up on a monitor.

When I had my modis all you did was plug in and away you went but not with the verus.

I have tryed some things but no luck.

Rich
    Rich Barton
    C.R.B. Repair
  • 66superduty
    • Apr 2009

i forgot how to do it , but i called tech support and they walked me through it when i hooked mine up.

Comment

• Rich Barton
      • Sep 2007

I guess I better call them I have other issues as well.

I do like the tool more and more each day just wish they would fix some more bugs.

What is the best number to call snap-on?

Thanks for the reply.
      Rich Barton
      C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Rich

Tech supports phone # is 1-800-424-7726

Steve

Comment

• Syclone892
          • Oct 2008

Not exactly sure how to do this on the verus. But my home computer is hooked up to my tv and this is how I switch it from comp monitor to tv.

Go to "start" then "control panel" then "display" There will be tabs at the top, you want to click on the "settings" tab

If you do this with no other monitor hooked up it will just show you screen resolution. But if you have a second monitor hooked up it will show a pic of 2 boxes. One box says 1 and the other says 2. One box is highlighted the other is not. Usually the highlighted one is the current monitor.
          I can not remember for sure what the exact words are for the check boxes below the pic, but you will see 2 check boxes and they should be both checked when you have clicked on the highlighted monitor, if you click on the unhighlighted one neither should be checked. Hmm this is hard for me to explain but I will try.
          You must click on the highlighted monitor box then uncheck the boxes then click on the unhighlighted monitor and check both boxes then click apply.

I may be "slightly" off on the instructions but that should get you 99% there and you should be able to figure the rest out as I was able to figure it out myself.

Good luck and I hope that helps out

Comment

• Billcmat
            • Apr 2007

Turning On External Monitor

On the Verus, hold the screen pointer down on the desktop until the small window pops up. Select Graphics Properties. This opens the Intel Graphics 2 control panel. Select multiple displays, and off you go.

PS: You need to have the other monitor hooked to the Verus first before changing settings.

Willie
            Bill Mays
            Duffy's Repair Service
            Ashland, VA

Comment

• Rich Barton
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Billcmat
              On the Verus, hold the screen pointer down on the desktop until the small window pops up. Select Graphics Properties. This opens the Intel Graphics 2 control panel. Select multiple displays, and off you go.

PS: You need to have the other monitor hooked to the Verus first before changing settings.

Willie
              Willie that worked great,thanks to the guys that replyed.

Steve, I called that number you put up for snap on support, but they want an access code.

What code number do I give them?

Rich
              Rich Barton
              C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Rich

I called myself and was not asked for a code? How far did you get? What numbers did you put in on the question prompts, mine were all 1's

Steve

Comment

• Rich Barton
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                  Rich

I called myself and was not asked for a code? How far did you get? What numbers did you put in on the question prompts, mine were all 1's

Steve

Hi Steve,

When I called the number it first said att 1-800 calling then it ask for access code then I waited and it comes back and tells me please enter access code.

I tryed it a couple times and even made sure I called the right number so that is why I ask.

Strange.

I will try it in the morning.

Rich
                  Rich Barton
                  C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Hi Rich

SORRY! Problem was my fault ! Try this number 1-800-424-7226

Steve

Comment

• Rich Barton
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                      Hi Rich

SORRY! Problem was my fault ! Try this number 1-800-424-7226

Steve
                      Thanks Steve,I'm glad it was your fault and not mine, I was starting to think I was losing it

I seen you sent me a private message but my blocker blocked it.

you can send one to XXXXXX.net if you want.

Thanks for your help.
                      Last edited by Steve6911; 09-17-2009, 04:07 AM. Reason: Removed email
                      Rich Barton
                      C.R.B. Repair

Comment

Working...