Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:24 AM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman View Post
I had the IT manager at work try your solution he had to change these two lines as well as to others for that had \Port\4 instead of \Port\2

So these two

HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , Edid, %REG_DWORD%, 0
HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , EdidAvail, %REG_DWORD%, 0

and these two

HKR, ALL\1\Port\4\General , Edid, %REG_DWORD%, 0
HKR, ALL\1\Port\4\General , EdidAvail, %REG_DWORD%, 0
Thanks for the update and additional information. Enjoy!

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." Stephen Hawking
Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM

ratchetman Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

been trying it out and I have to check and uncheck the extend desktop box in the display properties settings tab every time I dock and undock the tool. If not the touch screen thinks it's 1280x1024 and I can't use it. The other work around is to use a mouse and forget about the touch screen. I'm not impressed, this should be sorted out considering the price of these things.

Thanks sbreland73 for the instructions it was a step in the right direction.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM

ratchetman Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

So..... no pen mount driver?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Sorry, I looked it up, and it has since been updated further. Try at your own risk. Despite the Verus using XP Embedded, you MUST us the regular XP download.

http://www.salt.com.tw/Download/Driv....306(WHQL).zip

The page from which this comes: http://www.penmount.com/down_2_1.php

I deleted my previous post due to thinking your (ratchetman) issue may not relate to this. I know I don't have ANY problems with the touch screen, external monitor, touch calibration, etc after setting everything up. My Verus stays on and docked most of the day, until I actually grab it and go drive in a vehicle. I don't have any icons on the external, and Atlas stays on the touch screen. The only part that's a bit annoying is screenshots, which when using "extended" mode, captures both screens.

Last edited by sbreland73; 05-07-2013 at 10:39 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the link. I tried the other driver and now the pointer jumps to the extended desktop when you touch the screen. I had to enable multiple monitors and then click on map touch screens. Then when prompted touch the verus screen and press s to skip on the extended monitor and presto everything is good.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman View Post
Thanks for the link. I tried the other driver and now the pointer jumps to the extended desktop when you touch the screen. I had to enable multiple monitors and then click on map touch screens. Then when prompted touch the verus screen and press s to skip on the extended monitor and presto everything is good.
I was going to write that in, but could not remember if the Map touch screens was in the original driver that came with the Verus. Thanks for adding that to the thread!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 AM

timstech Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I am running a 27 inch AOC, I have done sbreland73 update,thank you,but still do not have the several secondary res choices,only have the 3
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstech View Post
I am running a 27 inch AOC, I have done sbreland73 update,thank you,but still do not have the several secondary res choices,only have the 3
Which mode are you using, "extend" or "clone"?

Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 AM

timstech Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Clone, is the only way to a full desktop(black bars top and bottom)
have tried extend,I get just a large snapon logo in the middle of monitor,I have done your suggested change a couple of times,still only can get 3 choices for res. Thanks so much for the help

btw,I want to stay in clone mode,using for playback and ignition

Last edited by timstech; 06-15-2013 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: adding text
Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 PM

OK, so maybe just downloading the IEGD.INF file might be easier. This is the file, but I had to change the extension .inf to .txt to get it uploaded. When you download it, be sure to change JUST the extension to .inf (only change the file type extension so it looks like iegd.inf (make sure the period is there, and ignore the warning of changing file extension names)Then do the "driver update" as outlined earlier in this post.

iegd.txt