Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hollis!@
    • Mar 2015

02 monte carlo radio

OK I have done these in the dealership with a tech 2 can my versus unlock this or do I need to use the PTP 2 FOR IT?

Thanks .
  • chopperb
    • Aug 2013

You will need a tech 2 to relearn the vin/unlock the radio.

Comment

• twincity
      • Feb 2008

Recently,

I had a customer's 2003 Silverado 1500 in the shop with a bad tuner in his radio. I knew his radio had the vin in it instead of the personal code. After instructing him as to which radio part numbers would work in his truck; he bought one from a salvage yard. I thought my Tech 2 would unlock his radio; but I could not find the vin relearn category under the radio heading. I even went across town to try another shop's Tech 2 but had same problem. I ended up using my PTP 2 and TIS 2000 to reprogram the radio to unlock it.

My question is: Should the Tech2 be able to unlock ALL these Delco radios? Or only a select few? I tried different years and makes and was able to find a vin relearn feature for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade with a Nav radio.
      I hope members who have Tech 2's will chime in on this thread and explain step by step the process of unlocking Delco radios.

Robert

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by twincity
        Recently,

I had a customer's 2003 Silverado 1500 in the shop with a bad tuner in his radio. I knew his radio had the vin in it instead of the personal code. After instructing him as to which radio part numbers would work in his truck; he bought one from a salvage yard. I thought my Tech 2 would unlock his radio; but I could not find the vin relearn category under the radio heading. I even went across town to try another shop's Tech 2 but had same problem. I ended up using my PTP 2 and TIS 2000 to reprogram the radio to unlock it.

My question is: Should the Tech2 be able to unlock ALL these Delco radios? Or only a select few? I tried different years and makes and was able to find a vin relearn feature for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade with a Nav radio.
        I hope members who have Tech 2's will chime in on this thread and explain step by step the process of unlocking Delco radios.

Robert
        Theres no standard procedure that applies across all years, models and version of Delco radio. Especially once you get into the 2000's as GM actually started transitioning away from Delco units and youll find Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung and LG manufactured units in GM vehicles.

Comment

Working...