Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Never used ASE wave products so don't know

Jake. You doing forensics ? Matched to the barrel ? Fill the holes ?

If you got an Impala with no communication problems check voltages at the data splice then check the SDM under the passenger seat. Maybe left the door window open during a deluge ? The carpet will soak it up and put crusties on the SDM till it rots. See picture below.

Nick, the drawing on lamp replace in the mirror for a 10 F350 in the PRO is messed up, a picture is worth a lot more.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an information system out there that would let the users add helpful TIPs and time save information to OEM stuff ? Would keep us ahead of the clock. No double look ups, real world fixes with the how and why.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by greasybob; 06-10-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
      • Jul 2014

Nice colors on that rotted SDM or passenger presence module, is that in the seat or on the floor Greasy? Lots of foam around it. Speaking of forensics had a 2008 Chev 2500 HD for drivers side HVAC warmer than passenger. Initial testing after recalibration showed drivers side at 70 counts hot to cold and passengers side 150 and no codes after recal. Boroscope found a spent 22 caliber shell holding drivers side door from going to full cold. Customer approved evasive surgery, hole bored in HVAC case to remove not one but two non magnetic cases plus air freshener parts! Sad when a controller can't tell that door is moving less then half of travel and passes a recalibration but turn the key on during testing with on actuator disconnected and set three codes! Did I ever say I love my job?

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

2000 to 2005 Impala, the SDM is mounted on the floor under the passenger seat. A common find around here. The SDM is on a little pedestal but if the carpet wicks up enough moisture the SDM still contacts it and rots. Even snow getting dragged into the car in the winter will do it.

Comment

• ericsautomotive
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
          Nice colors on that rotted SDM or passenger presence module, is that in the seat or on the floor Greasy? Lots of foam around it. Speaking of forensics had a 2008 Chev 2500 HD for drivers side HVAC warmer than passenger. Initial testing after recalibration showed drivers side at 70 counts hot to cold and passengers side 150 and no codes after recal. Boroscope found a spent 22 caliber shell holding drivers side door from going to full cold. Customer approved evasive surgery, hole bored in HVAC case to remove not one but two non magnetic cases plus air freshener parts! Sad when a controller can't tell that door is moving less then half of travel and passes a recalibration but turn the key on during testing with on actuator disconnected and set three codes! Did I ever say I love my job?
          Had one of these the other day. Almost the same sympyom.(AC not getting cold enough). It too had no codes before or after calibration. Tampon suck in the recirulation door. However I must say, I'm glad it wasn't spent ! ! ! LMFAO........
          Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Had one of these the other day. Almost the same sympyom.(AC not getting cold enough). It too had no codes before or after calibration. Tampon suck in the recirulation door. However I must say, I'm glad it wasn't spent ! ! ! LMFAO........
            LOL, Be like triing to Frigi-Fresh a Dead Carp in the cabin filter
            Last edited by Witsend; 06-12-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Vacuum and Pressure conversions

I posted this link in the EVAP forum but thought it might not be seen by some.

Here is a handy link for vacuum and pressure conversions from MILJOCO GAUGES in Mt. Clemens, Michigan

It will convert values to a number of scales that each of us may be more familiar and comfortable with.

Comment

• Dr.Jake
                • Jun 2009

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an information system out there that would let the users add helpful TIPs

Dats a brillanr idea Greasyz, wtf could go wrong go wrong go wrong?
                Member of Klunker's Corporate, Land of the Great Scarples, Meat Rocks, Footsticks & Spray.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
                  • Jul 2014

Well a week has passed since Dr. Jake posted on this general discussion and he was the one that started the GD on Ondemand5 many years ago. Nick said once that up to 300 posts a month were normal but gave him lots of work to do! I wonder why there is no way to bring back that same participation in a forum that once was? I guess some things just die quite and no way to replace them. I sure do miss the old GD and was hoping this one would take off.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
                    Well a week has passed since Dr. Jake posted on this general discussion and he was the one that started the GD on Ondemand5 many years ago. Nick said once that up to 300 posts a month were normal but gave him lots of work to do! I wonder why there is no way to bring back that same participation in a forum that once was? I guess some things just die quite and no way to replace them. I sure do miss the old GD and was hoping this one would take off.
                    It's a bit different since this isn't right in the product where it is in everybody's face all the time. I occasionally post an invite to the discussion group in SureTrack to try and get new members.

Guess it's time to do it again.
                    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
                      • Oct 2014

I was wondering the same thing about this post slowing down. Just figured everybody got busy now the warm weather is here and guys would rather b outside then infront of a computer killing time. Hey Greasy, do you go by Mr Greasybob on you tube? found a post on how to fix gm clusters in centurys for no odo or prindl. Good fix found 2 resistors loose. resoldered them worked great.
                      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

That would be me.

Comment

• dodge90
                          • Oct 2014

well thanks for the info. was sending them out before, no more, thought I seen something about that in here. Do you replace the resistors or just resolder them? On your you tube vid. someone did ask and some said they replace them.
                          I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• greasybob
                            • May 2008

If the resistors are still there I re-use them.
                            If you want to add factory cruise to an 08 cobalt you just need a donor steering wheel with switches and add two wires from the clock spring to the BCM. The pink wire (Bat +) from terminal C to connector 4, pin F9 at the BCM and the grey wire from terminal D to connector 2 pin 61 at the BCM. Then go in with your Tech 2 or Tech2Win to body control setup and turn on the cruise control function. It helps if you have a donor connector to get the correct pins to place in the connectors too.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

How do you do AC service ? If the vehicle comes in with no charge in the system and it holds vacuum well do you charge it and hunt around with a sniffer ? Send the customer on their way and tell them to "keep an eye on it" and charge for parts and labour and some dye ? Charge the system and put dye in and leave it run for half the day then check with a UV light ? This picture is from an 03 (I think) Town and country. I left it run a couple of hours after charging and putting dye in, then let it sit over night. The UV light tells the tale, front evaporator leaking. I got the what at the time was the latest and greatest AC sniffer, I don't think it could find the leak that sank the Titanic.

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

Picture
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...