X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Ford FreeStar spare used PCM

I have a 06 Freestar that I want to take a used junkyard 104 pin PCM from an 07 Freestar and program the vehicles keys to it , so the customer can have a ready to go spare PCM to have when the original one bites the bullet. ( PCM has PATS communication issues in cold weather along with moisture condensate issues)

I'm wondering if I'm unsuccessful getting the junkyard pcm and keys programmed to it using a DS708 , if I then put the original PCM back into the vehicle will the original pcm and keys still be recognized and van start ?
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

No you can't. With Ford if u program one PCM, the other will not be able to read the keys and u will have to program the anti-theft again. Always. You swap one and program it, the other will not start the car. Everytime u swap it, u will have to adapt the keys again. It's the way these cars are.

Also when programming the keys, u will be shown an input code and then it will ask u for an output code. If it does not, then it will be one of those 10 minute waiting time and cycle all keys one by one and then start the car. Not sure which one of the 2 it will ask u to do. Mazda for some reason I can never program the keys unless I buy the program from Ford FPM and program it with my PPT2. Mazda def asks u for input and output codes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

I just programmed a 2004 mazda3 used pcm. Had to buy the FMP to program the keys only. This is the only way I know it works, gave me the output code and my calculator gave me the input. After that, programmed took 10 seconds, then told me to cycle all the keys. Once that was done, the car started right up.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Thanks, I still gave him the spare PCM and told him when the other PCM quits for good , this used one is a California certified one,but if the dealer programs the keys to it it should still be able to get you back on the road for awhile until you get the original 49 state original repaired or find another 49 stater with the same part number.

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

mazda has a separate 19 dollar subscription good for one day that has you e-mail them the out code and they e-mail you the incode. just don't try to do it close to 5 o'clock i found out the hard way.

Comment

Working...