Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

2014 Jeep TCM flash fail

Have you ever seen this message when attempting to update a newer Chrysler vehicle. I have the latest version of the Chrysler flash program installed (J5.01.14). Also the latest updates to my PTP II (01.09.38). Any idea as to why the "error in embedded script" message ?
    Attached Files
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

here are the issues that the flash is supposed to resolve
    Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Vehicle Battery, or Verus battery condition is marginal or had power interupted and or or surge from charger being re attached, an unexpected electrical load that caused another module to come on the CCD network that interupted the procedure with the TCM. TCM connector connector pins in early stage of Green Death behind the Driver side wheel well ?Just some guesses. If you are doing the flash from Verus instead of a decent laptop, Hopefully the Hardware of your Verus is able to deliver the Flashes on the newer vehicles at a fast enough rate to be recognized as a flash and not rejected as flashtulence. Recently parted out a slow as sh@t Old XP Celeron HP desktop with hardware dates on components inside 2001 and 2002, and Celeron processors were even low end 13 years ago.
      Last edited by Witsend; 03-07-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I wouldn't ever try to use my Verus for flashing. All the hardware is on the up and up. It's a fairly new vehicle so maybe the software isn't quite there yet. I average about one flash per week, rarely ever have problems but this is the first newer Chrysler I've tried. I like to get the problems worked out if I can for future similar vehicles. I notified Drew Tech with the issue but because its a PTP II and not a CarDaq I'm not sure if they will respond. Drew Tech is a little light on reinforcing Chrysler compatibility. Most of the issues listed in the TOOL BOX seem Chrysler related. There are a lot of variables in flashing, gotta read the fine print !!

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

When I worked at Ford Dealer and I had cars come in under warrantee with driveability issue or check engine light on , I would always check to see if the PCM was at the latest and greatest calibration level , and reflash it to the latest level with WDS while it was there still under warrantee to get an extra .3 or so labor per ticket After awhile I was told not to reflash any PCM to the latest available calibration for the Vin unless it was specifically in there for a campaign or the driveability concern matched the issue the new calibration was supposed to resolve.LOL

Comment

• diesel71
            • Feb 2008

could be the ptp 2 don't recognize the embedded script. the files for the jeep programing may have a script new enough that the passthrew don't support them yet. flashing Chryslers is always more headaches and issues then others. let us know if you get answer, its good to have all the information we can when flashing/programing.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Bob

I will have to agree with Paul. Even on the older version of Chrysler J2534 reflashing problems were very common. There were times when I would triple check everything and still get errors, have a mobile guy come in with a Wi-tech and the flash went as it should. I would say its the software.

Steve

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                When I worked at Ford Dealer and I had cars come in under warrantee with driveability issue or check engine light on , I would always check to see if the PCM was at the latest and greatest calibration level , and reflash it to the latest level with WDS while it was there still under warrantee to get an extra .3 or so labor per ticket After awhile I was told not to reflash any PCM to the latest available calibration for the Vin unless it was specifically in there for a campaign or the driveability concern matched the issue the new calibration was supposed to resolve.LOL
                Flashing a module to correct a problem THAT ISN'T THERE can INTRODUCE a problem. Not every vehicle will benefit from a software calibration change and sometimes it can hinder the operation of the vehicle.
                Been that way since the 1980's.

Comment

• longhungsilver
                  • Oct 2013

Doesn't the toolbox say there are issues flashing CAN bus Chryslers. ?

Comment

• K2356
                    • Aug 2007

Versus issues

Originally posted by greasybob
                    I wouldn't ever try to use my Verus for flashing. All the hardware is on the up and up. It's a fairly new vehicle so maybe the software isn't quite there yet. I average about one flash per week, rarely ever have problems but this is the first newer Chrysler I've tried. I like to get the problems worked out if I can for future similar vehicles. I notified Drew Tech with the issue but because its a PTP II and not a CarDaq I'm not sure if they will respond. Drew Tech is a little light on reinforcing Chrysler compatibility. Most of the issues listed in the TOOL BOX seem Chrysler related. There are a lot of variables in flashing, gotta read the fine print !!
                    A versus for flashing? Seriously it's so outdated interms of a PC/tablet spec's. I wonder why they keep bringing their best tools out that seem to be around 3-4 year behind in PC/ tablet specs. Sure it can run the scanner software that's loaded on the tool but why come out with a brand new tool( at that time ) that's already outdated? Perhaps one day they may listen to power users and come out with a tablet/ scanner that has some up to date/current decent PC specs. So it could be used as a all around go to tool. Besides the scope on my snap-on scanner... I think I have to dust off the cob webs each time I use it.... Even the scope seems to be getting used less and less. Is it just me or is someone just not listening anymore? Almost like a new car coming with a 56k modem in it. Bahahaha
                    Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

• K2356
                      • Aug 2007

Suretrack

I have to also say one more thing. I had a chance to demo suretrack recently.... One word sums it up....... "REALLY"?
                      Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

Here is the reply I received from Drew Tech

Unfortunately Chrysler has had been having issues as of late with CAN flashing failures. It started in the Fall of 2013 and we had been getting a lot less calls on actual failures but we're seen these same script error failures popping-up over the past month or so with the 2010 portion of the Chrysler app.

You have the latest version of the driver for your Pass Thru Pro II which is great. We always recommend checking for driver updates every month or so in the Toolbox 3 program because we do have updates from time to time dealing with OEM issues, bug fixes, etc.

You can always try the flash again and if it fails again you may need to use the Chrysler Witech to successfully flash the module. They do have a recovery mode for failed flashes.

You can always try to contact Chrysler tech support with issues like this as well. Their e-mail address is witechsupport@dcctools.com.

The vehicle has since been sent to a Chrysler dealer where the TCM was successfully flashed and all the shifting complaints were resolved with the update. As far as I know the failed flash did not in any way mess up the TCM or the existing program.
                        Last edited by greasybob; 03-18-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

I just had this happen to me right now. I was flashing a brand new PCM for a 2012 Durango Citadel and kept getting that script error. After a few times I called a friend of mine who has an original chrysler tool and he programmed it with no problems in less then 5 minutes. PPTII sucks when it comes to new chrysler cars. Wasted $35 for nothing.

Comment

Working...