Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASEslave
    • Aug 2015

ES695 and Verus Scope

A co worker here has a Verus and graciously let's us use it, but has no idea how to use the scope, whereas I use it on almost EVERYTHING. ( practice makes perfect)

I recently bought a ES695 inductive Amp clamp to expand our abilities with using the scope, but I noticed when hitting the DC zero button it doesn't flatline like it is suppose to and I get a lot of noise at baseline. is there a way to clean this up in the settings? is it possible I am just getting a lot of ambient electrical noise from our overhead lights and fans? ( fluorescent tube lights with ballasts)? or is it just the Verus being picky?
  • ericsautomotive
    • Mar 2014

Try zeroing it out prior to hooking it to the scope and yes the Verus can be really sensitive to it's surroundings.....
    Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• ASEslave
      • Aug 2015

Figured it out after scouring through some Youtube videos, I was curious if the scale for the tracer was the problem, and with it being in amps I wasn't sure since the clamp converts current ( amps) to millivolts.

well turns out it was the problem, and even though it says 500mA or 20AMP it is actually on a conversion set, it just doesn't tell you that, so the problem was it being on 500mA swapped it up to 20 Amp's and it flatlines fairly well and reads what I need it to.

turns out the reason you can drop it down in amps is to essentially "zoom in" on your traces sweeps. although why it starts at 500mA is beyond me.

Comment

Working...