Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 06-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Who knows why the test goes missing in 16.2 for RAM Diesel. Maybe Bean Counters figured after an unfavorable court outcome, that having a static Injector Balance test on Diesel engines is considered to be too much of a expensive liability risk to take for potential engine damage that could result from Hydro static lock, since there is less TDC chamber volume on a Diesel than a gas engine

Last edited by Witsend; 06-11-2016 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_65 View Post
Blade, did you ever get any resolution for this problem? I'm on the fence about upgrading to 16.2. I purchased 15.2 to do PS 6.7 regens, then 15.4 broke the test. I got the same response from customer service that you apparently did. I was hoping 16.2 was going to fix what they broke, but seeing this I'm not sure it's worth the cost. Your right about cost vs function. For the money spent, I shouldn't have to decide which broken features are worse than others
One strength of the old brick - if they screwed up something with the latest update, you could just plug in last year's cartridge and get back to work - no problem. I've said it once and I'll say it again - it's too bad they can't figure out how to give you or allow you to keep multiple versions of the software on your tool. They need to do something - if they can't refrain from breaking previous software, which is becoming far more (too) frequent, then they need a plan such as this to keep us working. It is getting to the point where Snap on scanner users are becoming more and more reluctant to purchase updates for fear of losing present abilities. AS Scott stated, we should not have to choose.
If Snap On can't give us more trouble free software, can't they at least find a way to give us this workaround?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 AM

BMW JEDI Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel View Post
One strength of the old brick - if they screwed up something with the latest update, you could just plug in last year's cartridge and get back to work - no problem. I've said it once and I'll say it again - it's too bad they can't figure out how to give you or allow you to keep multiple versions of the software on your tool. They need to do something - if they can't refrain from breaking previous software, which is becoming far more (too) frequent, then they need a plan such as this to keep us working. It is getting to the point where Snap on scanner users are becoming more and more reluctant to purchase updates for fear of losing present abilities. AS Scott stated, we should not have to choose.
If Snap On can't give us more trouble free software, can't they at least find a way to give us this workaround?
This would actually be a fairly simple feature to implement, always booting to the most current bundle level when powering on the tool in the traditional way, and booting to a menu allowing the user to select which bundle to run when powering on while holding a specific button. Have requested this feature many, many times, but the request always seems to fall on deaf ears.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW JEDI View Post
This would actually be a fairly simple feature to implement, always booting to the most current bundle level when powering on the tool in the traditional way, and booting to a menu allowing the user to select which bundle to run when powering on while holding a specific button. Have requested this feature many, many times, but the request always seems to fall on deaf ears.
If they could implement something like this it would be a win - win situation.
We could get back to work just by using an older update if something went wrong, and we could afford to be more patient with them while they fixed the screwup and one would be far less afraid to purchase an update, which would be money in their pocket. As it is, gone is the blind trust that we their customers held that next update would always be better, and it is now replaced with a paranoia that next update WILL break something - something important.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM

BMW JEDI Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel View Post
If they could implement something like this it would be a win - win situation.
We could get back to work just by using an older update if something went wrong, and we could afford to be more patient with them while they fixed the screwup and one would be far less afraid to purchase an update, which would be money in their pocket. As it is, gone is the blind trust that we their customers held that next update would always be better, and it is now replaced with a paranoia that next update WILL break something - something important.
They can't hear you (deaf ears).......
Old 06-14-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW JEDI View Post
They can't hear you (deaf ears).......
Yep, that is why this year I bought a couple of competitor's scanners instead of spending the money with Snap On, which I would have gladly done if they would have listened and fixed the things I've been complaining about since 10.4 came out. I keep coming back to this forum hoping things will change and they would start listening again, but guess it is time to move on and give my suggestions to a company who will appreciate them and leave Snap On in the past where they have chosen to belong - at least as far as diagnostic tools is concerned.