Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akicestorm
    • May 2009

Time For Update Zeus or Edge?

Ok so I have a verus pro on 15.4. Need software update at min. Looking at possible upgrade. Was told the edge is now discontinued. However they did locate a new one for me if I would like it. Or its the zeus. So if i get edge. They give me 2600 for mine. Or zeus I get 5k w/o the 3 yr software deal or 6k with the deal. I will also get the insta rebate if I choose to use them for finance. So I was told the edge is discontinued. Is that true? As its listed on the S/O website to buy. Also does anyone know the actual hardware spec's on the zeus? I was told its the same hardware as the edge. All the same Proc, Ram and SSD? Is that true? ALso i was told the zeus can either come with the 3yr software deal or not. but if not then the tool does not do all that auto config stuff. and it is exact same as verus edge at that point. is that correct? thx
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Our Zeus and my Verus Edge have the exact same internal hardware. Being Windows platforms you can load and run a program like "Speccy" and prove it. Software is ever so slightly different in ways that have impressed me not at all. The DLC dongle is neat. A small thing versus the giant corded soap on a rope of my Verus. That's about the only upside of the Zeus I've found. There's some small extra troubleshooting stuff that should help folks who don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Supposedly.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by GypsyR
      Our Zeus and my Verus Edge have the exact same internal hardware. Being Windows platforms you can load and run a program like "Speccy" and prove it. Software is ever so slightly different in ways that have impressed me not at all. The DLC dongle is neat. A small thing versus the giant corded soap on a rope of my Verus. That's about the only upside of the Zeus I've found. There's some small extra troubleshooting stuff that should help folks who don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Supposedly.
      Maybe those people shouldn't be working on cars... They likely can't afford the tool either on their own any way...

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I think that you would be surprised by the number of people who buy a Verus and haven't got a clue as to how to set up scope.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
          I think that you would be surprised by the number of people who buy a Verus and haven't got a clue as to how to set up scope.
          This is also true, But in some cases they are up sold on what they want Vs. what they actually need.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            This is also true, But in some cases they are up sold on what they want Vs. what they actually need.
            Hmmmmmm, sold on what they " want " ?

This could be why I now own 3 fully functioning Ethos ( Ethii ? ) 4 fully functioning Solus ( Solii ? ) 1 Solus Pro ( working on another though ), 1 Modis, 1 MTG2500 and finally ( ? ) 3 MT2500 j

Now, what else do I " want " ?

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

I talked to the owner of another shop who bought a Zeus because he was sold on the extra troubleshooting help. His reasoning was that he had a shop full of parts-changers so if this thing could cut down on the number of parts they swapped just a little then he'd easily be money ahead. I had to admit he had a point. Around here it's more than a little difficult to hire good help

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                • Apr 2016

Just got a zeus on demo.I have autel 908 and verus pro which are both current let you know what i think soon.

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

I've had a couple of instances where the Zeus would not communicate with a vehicle and the Verus would. Puzzling. Exact same hardware except for the DLC connector fob. Zeus also went "Windows blue screen of death" the other day. No idea why. It seemed to recover OK though. Probably need to start documenting these issues and telling somebody I suppose.

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by GypsyR
                    I've had a couple of instances where the Zeus would not communicate with a vehicle and the Verus would. Puzzling. Exact same hardware except for the DLC connector fob. Zeus also went "Windows blue screen of death" the other day. No idea why. It seemed to recover OK though. Probably need to start documenting these issues and telling somebody I suppose.
                    Yes! Please document, get screen captures, and the vehicle info and post here. Someone will forward to proper personnel.
                    S. Breland

Comment

Working...