Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billcmat
    • Apr 2007

"Y" Button Workaround

This may have been covered already, but if so I can't find it.
    When doing some component tests, it comes up with a screen that says, "Push Y To Continue". I tried the keyboard Y, pushing Enter, etc with no results. I had to abort the program to exit out.

Has anyone seen this and found a workaround?? The vehicle was a 2002 Pontiac GP. I was working the EVAP system, trying to do a purge & seal test.
    Love my Verus!!

Thanks!!

Willie
    Bill Mays
    Duffy's Repair Service
    Ashland, VA
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Bidirectional control interface

Originally posted by Billcmat
    This may have been covered already, but if so I can't find it.
    When doing some component tests, it comes up with a screen that says, "Push Y To Continue". I tried the keyboard Y, pushing Enter, etc with no results. I had to abort the program to exit out.

Has anyone seen this and found a workaround?? The vehicle was a 2002 Pontiac GP. I was working the EVAP system, trying to do a purge & seal test.
    Love my Verus!!
    It can be a bit confusing at first. I've highlighted the button bar in the image I've attached. The button bar seems to simulate the Solus / Solus Pro controls. Imagine if you use the thumb pad, that is what each directional arrow does. Touching the stylus to the checkmark acts like hitting the Y button, and hitting "Exit" acts like hitting N.

It is a bit odd to use at first, but it is pretty easy to figure out.

For example: Notice the >> by "Purge". If you tap the checkmark (Y), it'll select that item. Then you can use the up/down arrows to adjust the percentage, and then hit "Exit" (N) to back out of that item to manipulate other items such as the data list or whatever.

Make sense?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Chevytruckman1234
      • Mar 2008

I had this problem especially on GM AIR systems it goes to a blank screen and says press Y to continue but there is no Y I have found that if you bring up the keyboard and hit y it will continue. I have called SO and they said we are working on it.

Comment

• joenash
        • Jan 2009

duha

I know They (snap on) assumes you know how to use everything, But I think they think you will figure it out if you had a solus and are used to the yes and no buttons, if I don't know what to do I just start tapping on the screen cause it is a touch screen, and you aint going to break it, one time I was testing a egr sol on a ford truck and nothing was happening, so I just backed out of the test and reentered the test, then it worked, yes it is a little buggy, but hopefully snap on will work out the bugs since I think they want this tool to be the next big thing in test equipment.
        JOENASH

Comment

• Billcmat
          • Apr 2007

Blank Screen

I know about the Y/N, Check mark and arrows, but the screen that came up was blank EXCEPT for saying to "Push Y to Continue", except nothing else was on the screen.

I tried the keyboard Y, but nothing happened.

I guess it was lost in translation from the Modis/Solus to the Verus. Maybe fixed in 9.2??

Thanks!

Willie
          Bill Mays
          Duffy's Repair Service
          Ashland, VA

Comment

• joenash
            • Jan 2009

I think they need another sr update the last one made some things better and somethings worse, I was checking my post and saw this one and just rembered I was having a problem with a jeep liberty, I hooked up the scanner and it auto ided the vechile, showed the usual screen do you want to load the vechile yes or no, I hit yes and the screen went blank like you said there was nothing no list engine, trans, the usual stuff, I did it twice and same stuff, I thought it was a windos thing restarted the verus, same thing, so I was like what the heck, when it asked me if I wanted to load the selected vechile again I said no, and then it loaded the scanner???? I was supprised another bug, after the last update you have to set the verus so it don't load the scanner on start up or it wont connect to your wirless network, and it hangs when you shut it down, and I don't rember all the other little bugs but snap on needs to work the bugs out, please guys it is the only scanner I have now cause I traded in my solus so I could afford this one!!!
            JOENASH

Comment

Working...