Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Since your fan is of the 3 wire variety, the lack of seeing the tach signal from that fan may be preventing the unit from powering up [To prevent damage from overheating] More info regarding 3 & 4 wire computer fans can be found below.
http://pcbheaven.com/wikipages/How_PC_Fans_Work/

Since the board and fan appear to work off 12VDC , maybe even lower 5V , can't see why you wouldn't be able to determine the 12 V power supply is good or not ,that the ground is being switched on using a DVOM maybe a scope for the graphing meter.
Because of this post, I decided to blow all the dust out of my desktop PC treat the one empty ram slot to another 4GB of ram and ending up searching and finding a used one by part number, because it had a less common spec than what is commonly sold now .

Last edited by Witsend; 06-13-2015 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 AM

Philip600rr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Talking O. G. Verus memory upgrade

Good luck finding a memory chip that will work. I went to Frys, Best Buy, Amazon, even local computer repair business. All of them are too big and will block the heatsink from being installed. EBay had it but I'm not paying$100.00 and they were not done biding!
Old 06-27-2015, 02:16 PM

Philip600rr Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default SSD reimage

2009 VERUS 1ST. GEN. 2013 SOFTWARE. I used samsung ssd software for cloning. It failed. need to send it out for reimaging. Its cheap, under $200.OO SUPRISING!
Old 12-25-2015, 02:53 PM

rjbradlow Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Don't Forget the THERMAL PASTE!!!

After reading this article and looking at the exposed chips under the heat sink, I noticed no instructions for cleaning off the old and applying new Thermal Paste.

WOW!! That's gonna hurt when you send it in after it starts crashing and eventually Dies.
... Oh I see you modded your unit, hmmm. Cha-Ching!!!

SO... Here's a little tip for under $10 from me to you that will save you the expense of a mainboard or a New Verus.

Buy some Thermal Paste!!!

http://www.maximumpc.com/how-to-prop...install-a-cpu/
Old 12-25-2015, 03:05 PM

rjbradlow Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip600rr View Post
Good luck finding a memory chip that will work. I went to Frys, Best Buy, Amazon, even local computer repair business. All of them are too big and will block the heatsink from being installed. EBay had it but I'm not paying$100.00 and they were not done biding!
ummm... Just Google: 2GB DDR2 200 pin
and click the "Shopping" link.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:19 AM

chaskuss Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Memory replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbradlow View Post
ummm... Just Google: 2GB DDR2 200 pin
and click the "Shopping" link.
Actually, you need more info than that, unless you LIKE getting 3,000 search results to wade through. You will need to know the speed of the memory [ie 400, 533, 667, 800, or 1066] I buy lots of stuff on EBay, you should be able to find used memory for a rather good price [$15 - $30 for a 2GB stick]. To check that memory to make sure it's good, first install it on a laptop that can use the needed memory. Next, download off the Internet a freeware program called Memtest 86. Burn the program to a CD. Install the CD into the laptop. Start the laptop and let it boot from the CD [rather than Windows/Mac/Linux] Let the Memtest program run for 3 or 4 hours. If after that time it comes up with no errors, the memory is good. I do this all the time. Only had to request a replacement, due to defective memory, one time. Most sellers won't bother to ask for the memory back, so long as you provide the results of the Memtest 86 failure.
FYI, only buy memory that the seller warrants is good. Most ligit sellers actually test the memory before they send it.

Memtest 86 can be downloaded below. They have two versions now. One is an ISO image file to burn to a CD. The second is for making a bootable flash drive. See

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

You might want to just "borrow" some memory from a laptop computer to try in your Verus first. It could save you wasting money on EBay. I can help you with what memory you need, if you can reply with a photo attached, showing the label of the old memory.

Charlie

Last edited by chaskuss; 07-27-2016 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: fixed spelling error
Old 03-31-2016, 11:45 AM

garnerbt Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default VERUS EEMS323 memory

does the VERUS EEMS323 use 184 or 200 pin DDR or DDR2 memory. Trying to find a 2 GB stick I can put in mine.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 AM

PaulMarchant Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Thanks for the disassembly instructions.

Bought a Verus off Ebay yesterday, and with your instructions I've fitted an SSD today - worked first time.

If it benefits anyone else, the drive I fitted was a Sandisk 120GB SSD Plus, model no.SDSSDA-120G-G25 - 35 at my local branch of Maplin. Many thanks!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:47 AM

737mechanic Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

PaulMarchant: What cloning software did you use?
Old 08-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

If you found the missing capacitor and it has a code or manufacturer on it , you might be able to source one from Digikey.

https://www.digikey.com/?&WT.srch=1&...saAlMsEALw_wcB