Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Default External monitor

Anyone else using an external monitor with their Verus Pro? If so, what size monitor do you use and are you satisfied with the three different resolution settings? Are you using clone or extended desktop mode? Thanks.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." Stephen Hawking

Last edited by sbreland73; 04-11-2013 at 06:29 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 AM

komobu Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I am using a generic hp 21 inch monitor. Much easier on 51 year old eyes. I keep my verus in the twin mode instead of the extended mode so if I have to move my verus, I don't have to adjust any settings.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 AM

bugdoctor Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I have a 23" Samsung, I just plugged it in & kept all ajustments as is.
then adjusted monitor to see better
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM

diesel71 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

using hp w1907 here kept all adjustments the same,i use it most of the time to review movies or saved screen shots.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM

ratchetman Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

just got the docking station for the verus pro. I plugged it into my 17" monitor and all I can select is 1024x 768. Tried installing the driver for the monitor and no help. My Verus wireless would run the external montor at native rez (1280x1024). why won't this? Wiring diagrams look all crusty, NOT what I had in mind when buying a docking station. I was hoping to get a 24" monitor and run 1920x1080 but maybe not???
Old 04-25-2013, 02:31 PM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman View Post
just got the docking station for the Verus pro. I plugged it into my 17" monitor and all I can select is 1024x 768. Tried installing the driver for the monitor and no help. My Verus wireless would run the external monitor at native rez (1280x1024). why won't this? Wiring diagrams look all crusty, NOT what I had in mind when buying a docking station. I was hoping to get a 24" monitor and run 1920x1080 but maybe not???
Actually you can, if your not afraid to make a very small change in a config file. I had to do this after some digging with Intel, and got a Smasung 17" 1280x1024 @ 72Hz. Intel has this feature off by default, but it's no big deal. I will post the instructions so anyone who wants to view their external monitor at it's native resolution. Part of why I started this thread was to poll if anyone else was interested in this mod. Thanks.

Last edited by sbreland73; 05-07-2013 at 09:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 PM

ratchetman Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I'm very interested. I have a laptop and the verus on my tool box. I would really like to have only the verus. Actually what I tried when I got the Verus wireless, but the network card was so bad I was stuck with two devices. Part of the reason I traded for the Pro. Lot's of improvements in the Pro, like a proper network card but then it went backward with the monitor support. I am actually thinking about using a 32" tv.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 AM

jamess Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

very interested in mod, I went crazy trying to find a monitor that will work well thanks.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM

Default How to get your external monitor to display native resolution

So you want to take full advantage of your external monitor and use it's best settings, but your stuck with this:
20130426-0748-1.jpg

OK, first off, do this at your OWN risk! Please don't hold me responsible if it goes wrong, I have done this on my unit, and it works.

You will need to find a file called iegd.inf, you can use the search function in Windows or go directly to this folder:

My Computer > then C:\drivers\IEGD_10 .............\driver
20130426-1053-2.jpg

Find iegd.inf and double click it. It should open in notepad (if Windows asks you what to use to open this file, then select 'notepad').

Scroll down a bit more than half-way, you are looking for these strings:

HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , Edid, %REG_DWORD%, 0
HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , EdidAvail, %REG_DWORD%, 0

PLEASE make sure the lines you are looking at on your machine look like this.
Now change the "0" at the end after % to a "1".

In the menu bar at the top left, click "File", then "save".

That was the easy part.

Now click your Start button, then "run", in the box to the right of Open: type devmgmt.msc and click OK, this will open the device manager.
Click "Display adapters", then double-click "Intel US15 E..........."

20130426-1434-1.jpg

Now click the "Driver" tab:
20130426-1434-2.jpg

Now click the "Update Driver" button.
20130426-1434-3.jpg
Click "Install froma specific location(Advanced)", then Next

Click the button at the bottom for "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install", then Next.
20130426-1435-1.jpg

Now click the "Have Disk" button:
20130426-1435-2.jpg

Click the "browse" button:
20130426-1435-3.jpg

You are going to find that file you just changed, the iegd.inf
20130426-1435-4.jpg

When you find it in that browse box, click it, then Open, then OK, then Next.
A box may pop up about digital signature, click Continue Anyway.
You will see some progress bars, then it's finished.
Just click OK or close on all the open boxes, then you will see the "Must restart computer for changes to take effect", so restart the Verus and you will now have this:

ererererererer.JPG
As you can see, there are quite a few more choices, and depending on your monitor, it should auto-detect its capable resolutions for you to pick.

I hope I have explained this well enough for you all. If I left something out, or you need additional help, PM me and I will do my best to get you fixed up.Good luck, and enjoy your external monitor to its fullest!

Last edited by sbreland73; 05-07-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 AM

I had the IT manager at work try your solution he had to change these two lines as well as to others for that had \Port\4 instead of \Port\2

So these two

HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , Edid, %REG_DWORD%, 0
HKR, ALL\1\Port\2\General , EdidAvail, %REG_DWORD%, 0

and these two

HKR, ALL\1\Port\4\General , Edid, %REG_DWORD%, 0
HKR, ALL\1\Port\4\General , EdidAvail, %REG_DWORD%, 0