Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aajim@hotmail.com
    • May 2015

Formatting Drve

I'm trying to learn how to use Shop Stream so I plugged My Verdict to my lap top using the mini USB port. I get a message that says I need to format the hard drive. I don't think that is a good idea. I'm trying to send the shop stream files from the verdict to the lap top. I can do it with a flash drive but is their anyway to do it direct?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Because they are both PCs. You'd have to network them to connect them. Just use a flash drive, or any cloud based programs to transfer the files. I use Dropbox, but there are any number of free ones to use.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
      • May 2015

I down loaded Dropbox to the Verdict I will try that Thank you

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

yeah no,

We you need to research how to network your computers wirelessly. Or use one drive or some other on line storage. If your laptop has sd card slot find decent size card to sw back and forth if needed. Or jump drive.
        But dont try to network with USB unless you really computer savvy its a bitch.
        But honestly shopstream is part of Verdict software, you don't need shopstream just hook scanner to printer and it all works like a computer, in fact it works better.
        Basically all you need is a decent USB printer and make sure it can print from windows XP. I got a MFC-J450DW from Best buy, works awesome.
        But honestly just about any USB cable printer works fine, lasers cost less per copy but are saltier. Inkjet cost little more in ink but just learn how t tell it to do economy printing in black ink only, you might even be able to refill black cartridges your self.
        I like this one as its cheap for ink refills, $15 each. $8 if I go online.
        Printer paper should be little heavier, my boss buys cheap light weight stuff, doesn't feed or hold up as well.
        Reason I like this printer is it can scan and copy.
        Last edited by MonzaRacer; 09-16-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...